• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vexilar stoped working

grousehunter

My vexilar all of the sudden just stopped working. It gets power and turns on..gives me that smooth soothing buzzing sound, but no color..just black. I know its movign around because the two things you can see end up in a different place. It also will work for like 3 mintues if I turn it off for a long time and then the whole screen goes yellow, then there are four reds and then it goes black again. Anyone have any ideas what might be wrong with it? Thanks,

Blake

Took my older fl-8 in last year to the Vexi offices in Bloomington. Mine would not spin and it had a continuous beep. 30 minutes later they replaced the brushes and a few other components. 100 bucks well spent. It looked brand new after all the cleanup. Maybe call first but they can likely do it while you wait.

If a brush is shorted it will show a solid screen color...then nothing...then color again... as it is making intermediate contact and shorting out against the contact surface.

As long as the power supply is good (12V), I suspect a brush is shot and it is in need of a tune up kit and a good internal cleaning.

I would have the service tech-pro's at Vex service it, as was previously stated...money well spent. And you will know it is 100% when you get it back on the ice.

Good advice Ed. Unless you have a good soldering gun and the skills to use it realy well and a working knowlege of small electric motors I wouldnt even try to do the brushes yourself. The tecs at velilar can do a much better job.