• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Now that it's over

grab the net

I dont follow bass tournaments a ton, just the little I read in bassmaster each month so maybe thats why I dont get why some people are giving Kim so much flak. I understand no one is hating on women so much as how Kim made it in. Bassmaster is trying to get more women interested in fishing which is a good thing and she is taking up one spot in the field. For me it isnt a big deal but thats coming from a guy who has yet to fish a tournament and has a billion to one shot of ever fishing a classic...

It is a way for them to grow interest in the WBT and in turn grow the competition level. They need to get the sponsorship backing behind it. I'm totally fine with it. What's wrong with her being there? Some say she didn't pay her dues, well if she goes in and wins, what's the difference. It's giving a female angler the chance to fish against the best in the world, and tell everyone what it was like. I hope they continue it.

Champ- I would love to hear your opinion.. Were all adults here. I say we can have a civil conversation about it and not turn it into a peeing match as you say.. Please share your opinion.

I do see one important cross, that a man can not qualify for the womans classic. Whats good for one, should be good for the other... But she did qualify..

I also don't have a prob with her fishing the classic. I dont see a problem with just taking one from the WBT. It would be different if they took the top have of the mens and the top half of the womens, just because there is so many less women who compete.

Champ's just mad because she is WAY better looking than him. smile

Although I don't think the WBT qualification is AS legit when compared to the others (Elite, Open, Federation and WKND Series), I do believe they should leave it in there. As someone above said, this is an opportunity to grow the sport in young women (and maybe even older women). It's one additional spot. If they took it away, would they leave the field at 51 and give another spot to one of the other qualifying groups? Probably not, they would just drop it to 50. So yes, I'm fine with it, for now.

Basically I feel it's helping a lot more than it's hurting.

Fluker have you looked in the mirror lately?? j/k brother. DD I agree she quailified according to the way she had to but like Fluker mentioned was it as tough as the other routes?? My gut says "no". I'm by no way saying we shouldnt have women competeing at the classic. I believe it'll help get our sport more exposer(since espn wont give us any)which we need. You DD even hinted at it, what should be good for the goose should also be good for the gander, and I dont feel it is at this point.

I don't feel she shoud be taken lightly or penalized since she did what she needed to do. I know there are more boats and maybe the level is higher, but you only have to get top out of three tournaments on the Open side to qualify.

I don't feel she shoud be taken lightly or penalized since she did what she needed to do. I know there are more boats and maybe the level is higher, but you only have to get top out of three tournaments on the Open side to qualify.
Cecil, no one said to take her lightly, at least I didnt. She'd more them likely hand all of us our hind ends.

When I look at some of the weights put up on the WBT compared to the Elite series on the same lakes there is a slight difference. I don't believe they could make it through any of the other venues to gain a spot. Look at the caliber of fisherpersons they would have to beat at the Weekend Series. However, when you consider all you have to do is come out on top in only three of the open divisions, I guess that is not that big a deal. No, only female fisherpersons can compete on the WBT. I doubt any of us will be fishing against KBM any time soon.

Well she did beat a couple of elite series pros that had wins this season. I will also tell you that my wife who is not a big fishing fan stayed glued to the TV when there was any discussion of her or she was on. It will definitely help the sport in my opinion.

Now for how she qualified I agree that her path may not have been as hard as the men’s but she did what was required to be there and deserves credit for it. She did not set up the criteria she just met it.

I believe it was very good for the sport and the turnout at the classic (biggest ever) is proof. I think a lot of women watched the classic just to see how she would do. I know my wife did. Even if you don't think she should have been there, It's part of marketing. I personally thought she did a great job representing. I thought Zona was a little hard on her when he said " Theres no crying in bass fishing." No sleep+ nerves = major emotions. Even Skeet cried when he won. I hope they keep just one spot for the WBT and it will go a long way for the sport.

Quote:
Now for how she qualified I agree that her path may not have been as hard as the men’s but she did what was required to be there and deserves credit for it. She did not set up the criteria she just met it.

She was WBA angler of the year.. how much harder can it be.. its not like she won one tournament to get in... She was Angler of the YEAR...