• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

moultrie m40

They are great for the price. However, overall they are a lower end camera. I have three of them and several other higher end cameras. They do not compare to the higher end cameras at all. Trigger speed is a bit slow and they tend to have false triggers often, especially in snow and in direct sunlight. You can learn to place them so this is minimized however. Two of mine do not keep the correct time and date. If you can put them over a feeder or in an area where the deer will stand in front of the camera, this really is all you would ever need. They work on trails as well if you learn to position them correctly. For a starter camera and for the price, I would highly recommend them! Just have realistic expectations of them. Good luck!

I have 4 of them and they are everything mentioned above. Great camera for the price and it allows me to cost effectively get a bunch of camera's into the woods. Try not to face them S. or on a small tree that may sway in the wind. You'll get a lot of false pics with these applications. Also setting it up so that it's facing down/up a trail as much as possible instead of perpendicular is important. Make sure and get some SD cards so you can just swap them out. This way even if you get some false pics you'll have enough storage.

I think you can connect to 12v but since I do not have them in front of me, I am not really sure. Good D bats have lasted up to a 1.5 months for me taking several hundred pics so I have never attached to 12v.

We have tried different camaras on our bear baits and ended up with all Moultrie I40's. Not a top end camara but for the cost gets the job done. As far as batteries last year they all started out with new batteries and were used from the start of bear baiting to bow hunting, rifle season and on to the end of blackpowder/bow season and we only had one that we had to change the batteries on. I bought some of the bigger rechargable batteries for them for cold weather but didn't need them.