• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Did the Hills get snow this last wknd? The turkey opener is Saturday. I'd expect its mostly snow free or melting fast but then again it could be like last year...the sleddogs were so jealous! Can anyone provide an update?

Thanks

this 3rd of 3 blizzards in two weeks pounded the hills. My buddy in Custer told me they didn't get a heck of alot. But, the snow pack reports show the Hills are anywhere from 83% to 123% of normal. The view of the Hills this morning from about 20 miles away looked like they are pretty well snow covered from Hermosa to Deadwood. I guess you could call 605-342-3867 and ask the those folks in the sport shoppe. The drifts I have aren't gonna be gone til late May

Paul,

Thanks for the detailed update. There can't be as much snow out there as last year, but then again... Opener '08 the birds hadn't moved up yet. Hope those winter flocks have started breaking up and dispursing.

I would say there is more standing snow right now, than this time last year. Im in spearfish and we have up to two feet of standing snow in town. I would expect more in the Hills. With the warm temps this week it should start melting fast.

Dan, thanks. I don't get into the Hills much being I'm a flatlander. I try to keep up with reports thru the paper and what Mike Moldrick has to say. I'm headed to Angastora Friday to see if those big gals might be on the bite. Ya think Bear Butte will fill up pretty good this year?