• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Yamaha Grizzly with Maxxis Bighorns

Smeds

Daytime pics added, thought I would start a new thread. Filled tires to 6 psi last night, went for a little ride and they seemed awfully squirrely ... checked pressure on the trail and they were above 7 psi! Tires do warm up, released some air down to 5.5 psi, very nice!

DSC_0007_2.jpg

DSC_0005_3.jpg

DSC_0009_2.jpg

DSC_0004_2.jpg

Don't be afraid to air them down a little more. I found on my machine with 25" bighorns, riding in the snow, about 4 psi in the front and 3.5 in the rear is perfect. Lots of traction and good floatation make them a great snow tire.

We also have a set of 26" Big Horns on 12" Black SS108's. We are running them at about 2.5-3.5 PSI and they are great in the winter time. You will love that setup.

Machine look great. I see you are over near Hayward, WI. We will be having a group ride over in the Winter/Ojibwa area this weekend Thursday thru Sunday if you want to join up. There should be 60+ of us. Guaranteed good times.

Interesting ... I'll drop the PSI to 3.5 and see how that runs. SomethingFishy, tried to PM you unsuccessfully. Thanks for the offer, I believe I'll be installing a set of Tatou 4S this weekend if they arrive in time! Probably working through Sat AM as well, but have fun over there, I've got a buddy that has a cabin by the Bumble Bee Resort.

Unfortunately no PM's available on this site.

Let us know how you like the Tatoo 4s, I test drove an 09 850xp with them on it. Tracks are a lot of fun, also useful. I don't think I could ever not have them again, you will love them with the power steering.

Check out AtvNation for some additional ATV'ing info. That is where I have met most of the people we will be riding with this weekend. My screen-name is the same on both sites.

Haven't had to use it on the ice yet, can still get every where I need to in the truck but I have been riding it on some trails behind the house.

Found a pretty good deal on a used trailer for it at Wild Rivers and got a set of chains for it. All set for when the ice gets a little worse.