• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Red Pollage"

jonny_redhorse

Apparently every redpoll in north america has decided to set up camp here in northern Minnesota for the winter grin....

P1070509-1.JPG

notice the fine hairlike "filoplumes" on the neck of this guy..usually only a few...

reddy94.jpg

P1070468-3copy.jpg

and the grosbeaks were present today also...Hmmm,grosbeaks have brown eyes! grin

pgb2-4.jpg

Redpolls, there is no shortage of them this year. They can empty my 4 feeders in one day. They get help from the few pine siskins that still come though. The siskins throw all the seed on the ground from the tube feeders. I guess they have to find that special seed amongst the thousands.

The third shot is very sharp with a nice background!

I have two deer carcasses left and will probably hang one up on S. Admiral and I was thinking of hanging the other on Arkola if you don't mind. I think its time to unload this stuff before it really starts warming up and stinking.

Thanks all!....Even though I've taken a bazillion photos of these little guys...It's just nice to watch em and maybe end up with "that special bird pose" that maybe was missed previously

Go ahead Jay,...I threw all my "carci" out last week after that 3 day warm spell we had....most of em at the Owl Avenue wood feeder...there's so much there, I could bust up the one's remaining and hang em elsewhere if needed...don't want to take a chance of the carcasses thawing in my shed in town here grin....