• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shimano Torium

Muddog

I’m wondering if the Shimano Torium Casting Reel would be a good Muskie reel.

With the large front handle on a Muskie rod it would seem that the lack of a level wind wouldn’t matter.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

It would be nice to see one with out ordering one.

I've been thinking about getting this reel too.

I've heard good things about it and The price tag on it is pretty sweet compared to the Trinidad.

We need a tackle shop that has a demo pool with all these reels so we can try them out before buying them. Now that would be awesome!!!

I could not re-find teh inches per crank so I am unsure of my previous statement. I will check it out when the line comes in the mail though. MAke sure you go to the Abu site and print the certificate for the free Wiley X sunglasses.

I just read through my book for my Toro, doesn't mention anything about inches per crank.

Can't find it on the internet anywhere either. It has got to similar to the revo bass reel which is 27-31 per crank.

Maybe RK can help us out?

Originally Posted By: Esox_Magnum
I just read through my book for my Toro, doesn't mention anything about inches per crank.

Can't find it on the internet anywhere either. It has got to similar to the revo bass reel which is 27-31 per crank.

Maybe RK can help us out?

They are around 32" inches per crank

Quote:
Can't find it on the internet anywhere either. It has got to similar to the

don't they realize at Abu how important line pick up is to an angler these days? especially on larger styles meant for larger fish? with all the options available out there it's not good for sales to make people ''guess'' if it's what they want. especially for that price range. it's like buying a car and all you get for info on gas is how big the tank is and not how many miles per gallon it gets. it wouldn't sell as easy i'm sure. i can tell they are pretty new to the little higher end equipment niche. a few reviews i read said the Toro is comparable to a Currado in quality. we'll see i guess.

Just do what I do... measure it yourself...

Let about 4 feet line out..... then mark the line at the levelwind... then turn the handle one turn... and mark the line at the levelwind again... once both ends are marked, just pull the line out and measure between the mark... and you got an accurate answer...

Just remember this... more your spool is fuller, more line it will crank in per turn... so just make sure your spool is FULL to get an accurate measurement...

Quote:
Just do what I do... measure it yourself...

gotta buy it first sick but do i want it? dunno, maybe another is better. how would i know? can't compare everything? i'll just get something else. if they are lax in marketing what else are they lazy on? this is pretty much consumer attitude these days and abu needs to keep up.