• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summerizing my power auger?

smeese

I decided to put in some fresh Amsoil Sabre 80:1 in today and a shot of seafoam.Ran it for a few minutes then filled it up nice and full and cranked the breather tight as suggested to avoid condensation. I put it in its Jiffy storage bag (which frankly was a waste of money IMO) but there is a lot of ice yet so who knows if it is really put away for the year. Started up first pull again. smile

I dont know but ive always kept gas tanks full for storage. Less room for condensation. when i get ready to use the machine then i pump or dump the gas out and put in fresh. not sure if this is right but its my way of thinking.

I always make sure I have a full tank and have the correct amount of Stabil in it. Oh and use the best gas you can afford. Shelf life increases to like a year I guess if you run the best gas. I then start it up once a month or so and run it for about 5 minutes and then put it away til the next month.

Come winter it always starts and runs like a top.

Oh and the Amsoil Sabre helps.

I am a big fan of the new Blue Marine formula of StaBill.

I have seen a huge increase in performance in everything I run it in, especially my ice augers. I got my buddy's to try running it in there sleds, snow blowers, and ice augers and they report the same increase in starting and overall performance, so it is proving out very well.

Pretty simple Summerizing procedure with it, just run out the fuel you had mixed up with the Blue Stabill, and put it to bed. Some like to have the tanks full so the carb gaskets stay hydrated and do not shrink and dry out in storage, that is Kewl too...to each there own. Both works and the protection is the same.

I will be running the Stabill Marine Blue formula in everything from now on, my old boat motor was never happier last season after running it and my winterizing procedure there was much the same.

The new Blue protects engines from moisture that causes internal rust and corrosion in engines, a known issue with ethanol blends. Now days we never really know if fuels has ethanol in it and most will down the line so this is a very smart product for many use's.

Yup, 10 times more fuel system cleaners and increased protection from separation and moisture contamination. They designed it especially for 4-stoke engines but covers all internal combustion engines with increased protection.

The carb/injector cleansing is almost immediately obvious. I even treated my van with it and it perked it sluggish butt right up, cleaned the system out well.

I think it preaty much made the old Red formula obsolete. Still good, but the Blue is better. It sells 10 to 1 now over the Red.

My vote is Da Marine Blue is darn good stuff!