Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DARK30

Putting The Hurt On Gun Owners?

108 posts in this topic

I recieved this mail this morning. Do any of you politcally smart guys know if this is true?

This didn't take long!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET THE FIGHT BEGIN

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

It has already started....

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill 20 that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.)

They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington

Quote:
Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.)

So what will they do. Go door to door checking private ammo stock? Good luck with that!

Bob

You actually have to ask if this is true? Economy, Shmonomy. People believing this kind of stuff is what is hurting this country. Not because its some Gun thing, but because the absolute absurdity of this is believed by the gullible masses. I hate high taxes. But if they want to raise my taxes for education. I say DO IT NOW. We need all the help we can get. laughlaughlaugh

You actually have to ask if this is true? Economy, Shmonomy. People believing this kind of stuff is what is hurting this country. Not because its some Gun thing, but because the absolute absurdity of this is believed by the gullible masses. I hate high taxes. But if they want to raise my taxes for education. I say DO IT NOW. We need all the help we can get. laughlaughlaugh

There's the understatement of the year..... laugh

Well I guess Snopes is gullible too then, because they have it listed as "undetermined"

You guys want to call over there and set them straight smirk

My comment was more toward the "gullible masses" than the validity of the ammunition legislation..... .

One thing I will say, is that there's one heck of a run on bulk, .223 ammo. I was looking around on the net the other day and all the places I checked were sold out.

Quote:

So what will they do. Go door to door checking private ammo stock? Good luck with that!

Bob

Hypothetically speaking, if stopped in the field with uncoded ammo.

CO can write a citation.

I recieved this mail this morning. Do any of you politcally smart guys know if this is true?

A quick search for 'ammunition accountability' will give you all the reading you wish on the subject.

But its not here in Minnesota yet so I am not worried about it.

Even if MN doesn't pursue this "act" (and don't think for a second that they won't because they love their nonsensical legislation and citizen control), you will be paying more for your ammo anyway if this gets rolling in other states.

here's how I see this enforcement happening with ammo accountability. Who is going to enforce it and how. Game wardens, that's who. They set up road blocks as game checks and then check your ammo. If you are not in compliance then they seize it & arrest ya. Will anyone who voted for this regime please stand up?

It is already hard enough to find the ammo a guy wants when he wants it. Now regulate the tar out of it, good luck shooting.

I wish I had the $$$ to buy rounds a pallet at a time.

Will anyone who voted for this regime please stand up?

It appears that it's only at the state level. So I guess everyone in MN is still sitting.grin

My comment was more toward the "gullible masses" than the validity of the ammunition legislation..... .

One thing I will say, is that there's one heck of a run on bulk, .223 ammo. I was looking around on the net the other day and all the places I checked were sold out.

The "gullible masses" are what got us into the next four years. We'll see how it goes, so far, not impress.

I'm with Dtro though, snopes didn't have it listed as false and I wouldn't put it past any of these folks.

If you do as suggested and do the google you get right to the organization that is pushing this, and there is a list of the states and links to the legislation in the various states. You can spend more time and read about how it is a dumb/smart idea for as long as you want to look at the screen.

IMO each faction in the gun debate floats stuff every year in part to see if any of it sticks to the wall, but mostly to generate controversy. Controversy is what gets people to join a group and donate bucks.

IMO this one has a snowballs chance. I also am amazed at how quickly people draw conclusions about gun control stuff without even spending the time to read and understand a proposal. The inaccuracies about what a bill does, or doesn't do, are often numerous. I suggest that if you hear about something and are interested in it go to the HSOforum and read the proposed bill and see if it makes sense to you or has stuff that you can't understand. The link in Minnesota is http://www.leg.state.mn.us/leg/legis.asp If it moves you then write a letter to your Rep or Senator and make your point.

Now Tom why would the gullible masses do research that would actually take away their argument every one is out to take my gun.

Good luck to you all that decide to hoard ammunition under this particular bill that some states are offering up that ammunition you by now will have to be disposed of by 2011 or burried in your back yard for the next revulution.

Not saying I agree with the bill but lets get real on how we react.

That would be stupid!!! But its not here in Minnesota yet so I am not worried about it.

Two words...Franken/Klobuchar

It may not effect Minnesota at this time.. but believe me.. this is just like the .08 law.

Minnesota held out and was one of the last states to switch over from .10 to .08..

Those who pay attention know how the Govt did it.. those who didnt.. THEY PLACED $$$$ INTO THE HANDS OF THOSE STATES WHO "COMPLIED"..

anybody wanna guess how long this goes until THAT happens..

sigh...

Originally Posted By: paul pachowicz
Will anyone who voted for this regime please stand up?

It appears that it's only at the state level. So I guess everyone in MN is still sitting.grin

Yeah,Haha,haha,haha,haha,haha,haha,haha,ahah.... oopppsss thats right MN voted for The Dem press... and yeah the whole state should be standing up. I for ONE am not.. and I really take issue with those that think that this kind of thing is a joke. PICK,PICK,PICK,PICK. soon die away the sick. Thats what I got a feeling the antis think us gun owners are, SICK!!! In the end they'll push and push to get there way.Anyone that takes this stuff lightly really needs to wake up.

Lepp7mm Im not poking fun at you, or making fun at your post sorry just making a point of the MN vote.

No problem PF.

I was just trying to add a little humor to the situation.grin

Yes it's true the Repub's are the way to go to keep the bogus legislation from making it harder on the law abiding citizens. But after the past 4 years, I feel that a lot of people changed their vote because they were tired of the status quo and weren't confident we had the right person to put in the WH.

This could all change again in 3 years and 11 months. They (Dem's) always say that some of these changes are permanent and can't be changed back. To me, it's nothing more than a scare tactic.

One thing I know for sure, if they take my guns, I'll take up archery until they decide to force us to register our bows and encode our arrows.

I hear ya LEP7MM and I see your humor. LOL thats why I had to add my end commment I know where your coming from. Its just that I really love the fact that the way it is, I feel safe in my home and if I wanted to I could feel safe anywhere I want. If these new laws should ever pass who knows???????? I really wouldn't want to find out how it all would turn out because I really don't think I will be here to see it. "Cold dead fingers". thats all I got to say.

How is this like the .o8 law. That law was federal mandate, like you implied, comply you receive fed money right.

This is a bill being considered by certain states not a federal law bill being considered.

Playing devils advocate; This bill has some merit to the fact it may help law enforcement in catching criminals. Helps one be more responsible and taking better care of storage of ones fire arms and ammunition. Really see no infringement on ones rights as a consumer or as a citizen besides the part of being forced to destroy what we already own..