Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Se Mn FishSlayer

Tip-up question

10 posts in this topic

can you use a double treble hook set up on one tip-up and bait them both with minnows? is this legal in minnesota

mmmm, i think u have to have like a spinner or sumpin to call it a "lure". But im not sure so dont base your fishing off my response. i dont use treble hooks for my tip ups

can you use a double treble hook set up on one tip-up and bait them both with minnows? is this legal in minnesota

It has to have some sort of blade to make it considered a "lure". Somthing you should buy is a quickstrike rig they work awesome and your catch rate will go up. Its a leader with to trebels and a blade on top to make it legal.

KTapper thats what i got and a buddy thought they were not legal it has a blade on the top treble so i should be good to go thanks

Originally Posted By: Se Mn FishSlayer

It has to have some sort of blade to make it considered a "lure". Somthing you should buy is a quickstrike rig they work awesome and your catch rate will go up. Its a leader with to trebels and a blade on top to make it legal.

Iwill second this Ktapper hit it on the head.

Oh by the way I don't think you can bait both hooks with a separate minnow.

not true, who says that you cant put 2 minnows on a worm harness/spinner rig which is considered a "lure" with 2 hooks

Doesn't putting 2 minnows on a quick strike rig sort of defeat the purpose of the quick strike rig?

I was told years ago when I used quickstrike rigs that the hooks must not be able to slide more than 6" from the spinner to be considered a lure.... Might want to check that out. Just need to put a crimp or a knot and a bead near the hooks so when the CO picks it up the hooks can't slide too far.

Doesn't putting 2 minnows on a quick strike rig sort of defeat the purpose of the quick strike rig?

I think it does. I personally do not see the point.