• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Hockey

PierBridge

And the Sioux have the most recent MacNaughton Cup within their grasp.

Figured you were laying in weeds waiting for the official verdict!... grin

They sure do come out in droves when things are going good don't they!

Congrats Sioux fans~

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't resist... You make it too easy.

Been here all along. Plenty of posts, not just lurking. I was thinking rodent nation has gone silent. 6 goals to a team that barely cracked 50 for the entire year will do that I guess. Good luck in your home ice quest.

Well they managed to clinch home ice for the 1st round at least.

Big questions is.........Is Kangas back or did he just show up tonight? If he gets back to form and gets hot, the Gophers could do something, if he reverts back to being soft, they are out early!

Anybody else catch Woog's Friday post game report? Not pretty at all. He looked and sounded better last night. Did I hear him right on Friday night? He is voting 3 rodents for 1st team all WCHA?

Bryce, Woog was awful when he and Frank were interviewing Stoa! He can barely strin a sentence together and when he does, it just ends up rambling on and on. Poor Stoa couldn't get a word in for awhile there.

p.s. With all the poor play above the Gophers this week, they actually jumped to 13th in the Pairwise. So the tournament dream is still alive at the moment. Still alot of work to be done next weekend and into the Final Five, but a nice little run could secure a berth....I hope!(I don't wanna sell my West Regional tickets)

I caught that to but I can't remember who the third was but it was a D-man. I know there is being a homer but come on now. Stoa is a lock and Shroeder is probably on there as well. Tough to give half the spots to a 5th place team.

I think Raboin deserves it more than any Gopher D-man he's got 25 points in WCHA games and is a +11 in conference games.

So my picks would be:

Stoa

Fontaine

Maiani

McBain

Raboin (Guess I'm a homer too!)

Chevrie

St. Cloud is going to destroy the goofers this weekend. The rodents haven't played a complete game or had a good weekend since they swept the Huskies in early January. St. Cloud scored 7 goals on the weekend and if they do that again the gophers will be forced to get out the golf clubs early. Should be interesting to see how many steps back the maroon mice have regressed since January. grin

Redlake,

I've seen too many Husky games this year to be THAT confident!!!

Still I always like it when SCSU plays the Gophs as they typically get a little more juiced to play.

I think the series has 3 games written all over it. My youth team plays Friday night and Sunday so I won't see much of those games. Dang!

How could anyone vote any gopher defencemen on the all WCHA team, they have been horrible this year. Maybe Ness could get on the all rookie team but I'm not even sure of that.

I think you are right archerystud, 3 game series for sure, I think the gophs will pull this one out in the end. For some reason we have just had the Huskies number this year.

Come on Redlake, admit it, you only want us to lose so you don't have to worry about us in the Final Five. Our D may be poor but we have have enough firepower to scare you.

I am scared of the gopher juggernaught. But, only in November and December.

I think if Ness puts on 20 pounds of muscle and comes in next year at 180 pounds, THEN he could be all WCHA team.

3 games? Maybe. Only if Kangus stands on his head. One thing is for sure , it will be fun to watch. Uncle Donnie will really have to pull out his coaching hat(s).

Was driving to the cabin on Friday, and listened to the Gopher debacle.

I turned the radio immediately to the UMD game. UMD was up 3-1 in the second. They announced the Gopher score, the crowd erupted, the announcers yelled "YES!!!"....and the Dogs stopped playing.

It was tied a short time later and, long story short, a chance for 3rd place results in a sweep....at home...to Alaska.

Tough weekend of listening to the Dogs. Hope they can turn it around, I'd like to see them in St. Paul.

Bear, You are right about RedLake, he is scared of the Gophers. grin Just playin Red. I wouldn't be scared of the Gophers per se, but I would certainly not look past them. Crazy things can happen in playoffs and I know this is the beef about the Final Five being so close to home for the Gophers, but when the X gets rocking, it can really fire up the Gophers.

I think its wishful thinking that the Sue will choke in the WCHA and NCAA tourneys again this year.... I'll still hope for their patented flop but I just don't think we'll be as lucky as last year...

I do agree the Gophers are not consistent enough to beat anybody including St Cloud in a best of 3 series... Huskies in 2 or 3 depending on how the lucky bounces go...