• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dogs eating............

mnhunter79

I think you have to try some yourself to get a good grasp on what it is were dealing with here. Is it tasty, can't resist, or addicting. then you will be able to make an educated decision.

Just kidding, I don't know, my pup was doing that junk a couple months ago too and I just gave her a few love taps and scolded her and took it away and gave it to my buddy to eat, and she quit doing it. My guess is the dog will quit it after a few stern disaplin sessions. Mine did I think, she was the first one for me. dogs just do grose things from time to time for no good reason.

my friend has a chocolate and that bozo eats any knid of dung not only his own. we go out hunting, and he eats deer turds, cow turds, any kind of turd he can find. we don't call him short bus for nothing.

OK, to be more serious, this behavior is one sure way of contracting worms, so you should try somthing.The dog I had that did this was eating rabbit terds and got hookworm. we got it cured but still a bad deal.I would keep up on worming and may even think of a stool sample for the vet.Pluss try to find a way to stop it.

Bill Engvall does a funny bit about this topic. He said he went to the vet and he gave him somethng to make the turds taste bad. Goes on and on about what could make a turd taste worse. Bet there's no "kissie kissie for da puppy wuppy"

I herd from a guy to try meat tenderiser sprinkled on the food and after a few days it changes the odor and they get a habbit of leaving it alone, Go figure, I have no Idea if it realy works, but a gal that works with my wife has the same issue and she was going to try it.

I have a 3 year old yellow male lab that likes to eat the bird seed out of the bird feeders. Drives me nuts looking at all the seed in his [PoorWordUsage] in the kennel. I put his collar on and zap him when he is near by but don't catch him all the time. Hope the bird seed doesn't hurt him. kooba.