• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lemons and Meat

Heres one I make with variations quite often. I made it with boneless porkchops the other night. I took the chops and butterflyed em all the way through first.

You can finish the dish with either crem fresh, sour cream, crumbly blue, gorgonzola, some redhot... cool

The juice of a fresh lemon really makes the dish pop...

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1573169/Venison_Piccata#Post1573169

I brown my pork chops in a hot frying pan and put them on a baking pan that has a small lip so the juices don't spill. A pizza pan will not work. Season with a little seasoned salt and pepper. The I slice my lemon quite thick and lay it on top of the chops. Next place a rounded tablespoon of well packed brown sugar on top of the lemon and cover with a healthy squeeze of ketchup. Bake at 350 until done. That will depend on the thickness of the chop. The brown sugar will melt combining with the lemon and ketchup and form a tangy sauce. Very easy and actually quite tasty when you are looking for something different.

I lived in Northern Italy for a while when I was young and they use fresh Lemon juice on grilled steak and of course, Veal.

I make an easy family favorite with Chicken Breast called Chicken Picatta:

4- fresh chicken breasts, boned, skin removed.

4-Tbsps. Capers

Juice from one fresh Lemon

3-4Tbsps. Toasted Pine Nuts (Pignolis)available at Cub bulk section or any other better grocery store.

1/2 C. flour for dredging breasts.

3-4 Tbsps. butter

Procedure:

Place breasts between 2 pieces of Saran wrap and pound flat to uniform thickness.

In a large non-stick saute pan over med.high heat, melt 2 tbsps. butter, dredge breasts through flour shake off excess and place in pan. saute for 2-3 mins.per side, adding butter as you flip breasts over--keep from getting dry in the pan.

Before going to "Plate", drizzle lemon juice over breasts, reduce heat, add capers, coat breasts with pan juices and serve with Pine Nuts and Capers sprinkled over the top of each breast.

You can serve this with your favorite Rice, Mashed Potatos or good bread for a light meal.

NOTE--You can use Veal for this too, but Chicken is favored by the kids and costs a lot less.

Serves 4 or Two Adults with appetites.

I make a beefed up teriyaki sauce that goes over well. Its awesome on venison, Ive used it to get people that swear they wont eat venison to eat it, and they did, and enjoyed it .I found out that the key is the lemon juice because of the acid in it, and its ability to tenderize the meat.

1/4 cup Teriyaki

1/4 cup Soy Sauce

1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce

1/4 cup lemon juice

Next time you roast a chicken, fill the cavity with quarted lemons, onions & rosemary. Sqeeze some of that juice over the bird, then salt and pepper. Under the breast skin, stick a couple dabs of butter.

In the roaster, set the bird on top of cut up carrots and celery and pour in a 1/2 cup of water or chicken broth. A friend of mine raised some chickens and gave me a 9 lber that I cooked on Sunday. Turned out great. 350 for 20 min per pound. It doesn't get much easier than this.