Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smeds

Maxxis Bighorns are in! (pics added)

13 posts in this topic

Got them from rocky mountain today via UPS. Replacing stock tires and rims with 26x9x12 front and 26x12x12 rears, SS108 rims (black). I plan on putting them on tomorrow, so here's my question ... am I going to be able to use the OEM lug nuts? I thought the whole package might come with ITP chrome replacements included, but no go. 2008 Yami Griz 700 by the way. Thanks for any advice!

no...i think you have to use the ITP lug nuts....i think dont know for sure tho!

How tall do the tires measure? people say they run tall?

Not sure, I'll measure and post later. Leaned up against the other tires they did not look that much taller. Specs I read somewhere say they are 26.4 ... I'll verify and post some pics. Anyone else know for sure about the lug nuts?

I know Somethingfishy has a set of Bighorns and SS rims. He's the guy who can answer your questions about the lug nuts.

Congrats on the purchase. The wheels/tires will really dress up the Grizz.

I have the SS212's and the crome nuts were included. Stock nuts would not work on mine.

Dan

I thought you should have gotten nuts with the set too. Most dealers have those chrome nuts on hand, dont ask me how I know! blush

I thought so too, but after calling them they stated not included. Would have been nice had they pointed that out on their web site, then again the whole set of tires and rims were $612.00, no sales tax nor shipping. The ones I need are the ITP 10mm 60 degree taper 14mm head. Oh well, might check around locally or in Duluth,MN before ordering online ... thanks eveyone for the help. I'll try to post some pics once mounted!

Nice! ... that's what I always think when I'm looking at posts, where's some pics? Got back from Duluth just before dark, found the right lug nuts @ Gander Mtn. Put them on as darkness fell, so the pics aren't the greatest. Also, didn't wipe off the gay blue color from the letters yet ... I'll do that tomorrow and post a good day shot. Side by side pics are stock 25x8x12 vs 26x9x12 fronts, and 25x10x12 vs. 26x12x12 rears. Snow didn't really allow a level surface to compare heights, but I didn't think the 26's were that much taller, just way beefier!

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00191.jpgDSC00195.jpgDSC00200.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• 1 hour ago, blue_healer_guy said:

leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.

Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness? :eek:  :)

Edited by leech~~
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is.

My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.

• Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani

• Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday
      • FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-

• 12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

He can't be as ignorant and inept as he has come across in TV interviews.  

I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

That would have been a fine answer.   Unfortunately instead he sat there with his mouth hanging open (figuratively) and looked like a total dolt.   This is the second time he has handled something in an interview poorly.  I guess he feels he needs the exposure but unfortunately he is not especially good at the interview thing.   At the very least he needs to practice deflecting the question.  Perhaps the "nobody especially" but "I prefer to look to American leaders of the past like (Calvin Coolidge, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, William Calhoun, whoever he wants)" 

He can't just sit there and and look stupid, which is what he did.    Maybe some role playing in preparation would have helped.   He can't be as ignorant and inept as he has come across in TV interviews.  

What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?

• Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.   

And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?   

Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?  

You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  

• Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness?  
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is. My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.  
    • Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-
    • I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.   What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?  
    • Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.    And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?    Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?   You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  
    • leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.
    • nw wisconee private marsh
    • Sorry, I thought the model was listed on the title of my question.  Anyway, Garmin 53dv EchoMap.  This one has downview, but is chirpless.  Seems like nice unit, tough.  Just wondered about those 2 wires.  Thanks.
    • should trigger a check engine light....
  • Our Sponsors