• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Wabigoon, Dinorwic Lake

Some of the best fishing on pipestone is right out in front on GNO's cabin. The best fishing is on the top part of the lake. The farthest you can run from his cabin to the west in only 7 miles and it's all good water.

My advice would be to look in a different direction. The muddy water of Wabigoon gets old real fast. Throw in the fairly busy traffic that Dryden produces, along with the sight/smell of that paper mill, and I personally think that there are much better options available for NW Ontario

some of the best years of my life were spent on them "muddy waters of Wabigoon" and I'd spend as much time as I could on that lake,, I was raised on that lake,, it was good 'nuff for us! the fishing was and still is great on that lake!!

and as for that paper mill and the sight/smell of it,, my dad put his whole life in that mill to support us, I'm proud to say I'm from Dryden.

my dad passed away last June. frown

panthrcat-Im sorry to hear about your father. The mill currently at the moment isnt making any sight or smell to bother any fishermen. I believe it is induring a 9-10 week lay off right now. Starting last week no smoke rolling out from the mill. I never mined the sight of the mill.

Panthrcat, I've been to that lake also!! I knw a family that lived near by, the Chiefs, we stayed with them for a weekend and went ice fishing out there. Beautiful lake, nice people, great area to live I'd imagine!!!!

thanks guys,, I miss my dad very much, we have spent many many hours in a boat fishing and talking,, although my mom still lives in Dryden, I go as often as I can to visit,, don't fish as much as I used to on the Wabigoon, but have very fond memories of it

you guys know an island called "Anderson's Island"?? I remember my dad getting us all into a canoe (mom, dad and us 3 kids) and we'd all make bets for how long it would take us to paddle it,, ahhhh yes, fond memories indeed cry

well it's a small world eh? my family had a camp just out from the river,, straight out from there,, and across the west arm,,

remember the old Olson's landing? this is cool remembering all this

the snowmachine club,, yes it's by the flying club,, isn't it? or the yacht club?

there was and still is the government dock, and the yacht club dock,, when I went to school, I used to go to the bell on the end of the yacht club dock and ring it for my dad to come over with the boat to pick me up!