• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eskimo auger

slurpie

im going to remodel my auger to use 2 blades i think, will do that this week at work, during breaks of course

The only problem is the rotation direction is different on the old single blade. You might have to do what moparmarv did and get jiffy blades for it. All the eskimo blades you will find now are for cutting the wrong direction for yours.

I also got 2 extra blades for the auger so i will be ok. Thanks for the info tho, i didnt know the rotation direction was different. This is the first power augar ive owned.

As long as those blades were intended for that auger you will be ok. The newer replacement blades that come in a 2-pack will be wrong.

I know someone who tried to use one of those newer blades on the older style and he still cannot figure out why it won't cut. I gave up trying to convince him.

Good luck with it. grin

I have had an Eskimo Shark 8" for about the last 5 years now, I broke 'er in on Eskimo oil at the recommended ratio and after the break in switched to Amsoil at 80/1. After that, I start the season at 80:1 and then I go to 100:1. My auger ALWAYS starts on the 4th pull from cold and the 2nd pull thereafter. I had a Strikemaster previously for like 16 years and the Eskimo was too hard to turn down. Glad I went with it. I NEVER did have a problem with the Strikemaster, but the advantage of the primer on the Eskimo has already outshone the Strikemaster! They're both fine augers in their own right, but IMO the Eskimo is better. Jiffys are just a few letters off of what they really are.

I have a 8" Mako M43 Turbo, I dont know what the HP is on it(can anyone tell me?) I've had for 4 yrs now, and I love it.The only problems I've had is the re-coil broke once and the fuel line inside the tank broke once(both easy fixes) This year I replaced the blades on it, and I remember why I love this auger. It rips threw the ice faster and quiter than any of my buddies Strikemaster's do, Nothing against strikemaster, they are good augers. I also use Amsoil (Saber-Profesional)100:1 mix in my auger and have since it was a year old, with the primer ball and the 100:1 mix, this auger starts in -30 with 4 pumps of the primer ball and 2 pulls.