• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eskimo auger

slurpie

I have one and I really like it, but she is in need of new chipper blades. I've called GM, BP, and [PoorWordUsage] Sports and none of them around here handle Eskimo. I have an 8" 2hp model that is somewhere between 4-10yrs old. I can't find any model #'s or anything on it. Can anyone help me out??

I use to have a old one with the handle bars best auger I ever had. I got a new jiffy a few years ago frown So I hung up the old Eskimo I went to sell it to a buddy a few months ago. Put some gas in it and boom it started right away after sitting 3+ years. He uses it almost every day and still no problems smile

Had a Sportsman that came with a 8" blade, I put a 10" on it. not fast but does the job. I gave it to my brother who has been using a hand auger.

I bought the Z71 Shark 10" and I will put money on it that it cuts faster then any 8" out there. I love this auger.

I think it is an underrated Auger. But now it is the only auger ith a motor specifically designed to cut ICE!!

have used an old one and worked great still. I have a 4 yr old starts on first pull, maaaaaaybe second. cuts great. had one small issue early and cust. service was perfect. I have many frieds that own many other brands. right now I would buy another eskimo and will never buy a jiffy/ strikemaster until they build my confidence

was wondering because i have a 10" strikemaster and it runs good and their customer service is great. But last spring the clutch went out replaced it. The handle broke a week ago drove up there replaced it it 2 hr drive one way. At least i can drive there. Got home drilled 5 holes and the cluch went again. WAs a great auger this last year sure has been tough though. And it cuts faster than any other auger i have seen in person or used. Now i came across a great deal on a eskimo i think i'm gonna buy it and see how that works out. Thanks for your input guys. Im not sure of what the name is though, what is getter mako or stingray.

5th year on my Mako now,just rreplaced blades for the first time last week. Only problems I've had are: little plastic fuel line from primer bulb snapped in -20temps,replaced withh rubber hose,and snapped part ofo throttle handle off,replaced with aluminum bike handle-works even better. I have been very happy with it,starts right away everytime and drills quick!