Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slurpie

eskimo auger

41 posts in this topic

I have the eskimo barracuda 2HP 10". It works, but the blade design makes cutting really slow. Should've got a strikemaster/jiffy.

My .02

I have one and I really like it, but she is in need of new chipper blades. I've called GM, BP, and [PoorWordUsage] Sports and none of them around here handle Eskimo. I have an 8" 2hp model that is somewhere between 4-10yrs old. I can't find any model #'s or anything on it. Can anyone help me out??

Yup - can't post the link but the company that makes them is called Ardisam. Google them. They do have great Cust Serv. I had to call them a couple weeks ago.

i have had the same 10" for over 20 years she isn't a speed demon but will always get the job done

I use to have a old one with the handle bars best auger I ever had. I got a new jiffy a few years ago frown So I hung up the old Eskimo I went to sell it to a buddy a few months ago. Put some gas in it and boom it started right away after sitting 3+ years. He uses it almost every day and still no problems smile

I love my barracuda plus, goin on 8 years. The blades can be found at feet farm. I just looked at some last week. I would not want a s-master. Everyone I know that has one had a recoil or some other small part break on there sm this year.

eskimo mako- about 4 years old. Quiet and fast. Beats the tar out of my frieds older jiffys and it doesnt blow out the eardrums

i have the stingray and it cuts fast is quiet and this is the 4th year and the blades are still as sharp as ever

I have the Mako as well and love it. 2 Years no problems, haven't had to replace the blades yet, starts up every time.

I have a 15 year old one and it still works good, like someone said.... not a speed demon. I got my last 2 sets of blades off that bay auction site. However, my new MAG2000 is a whole lot lighter and cuts faster.

Had a Sportsman that came with a 8" blade, I put a 10" on it. not fast but does the job. I gave it to my brother who has been using a hand auger.

I bought the Z71 Shark 10" and I will put money on it that it cuts faster then any 8" out there. I love this auger.

I think it is an underrated Auger. But now it is the only auger ith a motor specifically designed to cut ICE!!

have used an old one and worked great still. I have a 4 yr old starts on first pull, maaaaaaybe second. cuts great. had one small issue early and cust. service was perfect. I have many frieds that own many other brands. right now I would buy another eskimo and will never buy a jiffy/ strikemaster until they build my confidence

I have an old eskimo from the 60s could not find a new blade for it so I bought a jiffy blade and mounted it it myself always starts and drills holes fast only drawback is I get ice shavings up to my knees

I bought a 8" Eskimo Mako this year very very fast runs very good first pull everytime, and its not loud like the other brands. I would recommend it to anyone.

Not sure of some of you thinking the Eskimo augers are slower? I have two, the Stingray and the Z51 and they cut just as fast as any other brands i've used. Plus they seem to be less noisy.

Yeah they are dran fast it will give my Mako 2hp will give my dads 2 yr old 3hp jiffy a run for its money.

my old eskimo is very fast it spins a lot faster than my friends strikemaster

was wondering because i have a 10" strikemaster and it runs good and their customer service is great. But last spring the clutch went out replaced it. The handle broke a week ago drove up there replaced it it 2 hr drive one way. At least i can drive there. Got home drilled 5 holes and the cluch went again. WAs a great auger this last year sure has been tough though. And it cuts faster than any other auger i have seen in person or used. Now i came across a great deal on a eskimo i think i'm gonna buy it and see how that works out. Thanks for your input guys. Im not sure of what the name is though, what is getter mako or stingray.

I've got an eskimo that I've used for 4 or 5 years now. Best auger I've seen. As fast as any other I've been in contact with, and quieter.

The mako is bigger and personally I would not go with the stingray if your the kind of guy that likes to drill a bunch of holes at a time. The Mako works awesome for this.

5th year on my Mako now,just rreplaced blades for the first time last week. Only problems I've had are: little plastic fuel line from primer bulb snapped in -20temps,replaced withh rubber hose,and snapped part ofo throttle handle off,replaced with aluminum bike handle-works even better. I have been very happy with it,starts right away everytime and drills quick!

do the newer eskimos have 2 blades, i bought an old one from a member on here, works awesome after a bit of tuning, but has only 1 blade and cuts a bit slow