• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jiffy ice auger?

Gordie

now that tecumseh engines is no more has any bought a new jiffy with the new motor? I seen one at the bait store in Zimmerman and the owner ran it for me and it seems like a good motor and it is a lot litter that the older ones. just wondering if anyone has one yet and there comments on it?

Huh Thats news to me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tecumseh engine company has been purchased.

Janesville businessman Jim Grafft on Monday bought the assets of the engine division of Tecumseh Power Co. and plans to move the operation to Rock County. (JANESVILLE Wi.)

http://gazettextra.com/news/2009/feb/10/parts-supplier-motors/

the jiffy I was looking at had a foreign motor on it and was quite impressed with it and the price was really good

Jiffy ran a new engine on the new SD60i model this season, a economic price point of $299.99...that engine is one well proven on Eskimo augers.

2HP PerformanceModelSD60i.jpg

* Engine – Jiffy 45cc

* Gear Ratio – 12:1

* Auger Length – 36”

* Limited Warranty

1Yr.-Engine

1Yr.-Gear Box

1Yr.-Blade

* Transmission – Patent Pending

COLD STARTING PROCEDURE FOR MODEL SD60i

SEE OWNER’S MANUAL FOR SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS

Mix one gallon of Fresh Winter Blend regular gasoline with one container of Jiffy 2-Cycle oil. Use this fuel blend to fill tank to ¾ full.

1. Press primer bulb until clear gas (return) line is free of bubbles. (2 - 5 times)

2. Move rocker switch on ON or (I) position.

3. Move choke lever to FULL CHOKE or (I\I) position. (Operator’s left)

4. Depress throttle control with left hand and grasp the starter handle in your right hand.

5. Slowly pull starter handle until you feel resistance from engine, then pull vigorously.

6. Without releasing the starter handle or the throttle control, let handle return to original position and repeat step 5.

7. If engine doesn’t start after 5 - 6 pulls, press the primer bulb 2 - 3 times and repeat with steps 5-6.

8. After engine starts running, move choke lever to HALF CHOKE position until engine runs smoothly.

9. Move choke lever to RUN or (III) position. (Operator’s right)

10. To stop engine, push rocker switch to OFF or (0) position.

SPECIAL NOTE: If the engine does not start due to extreme cold temperatures, move unit to warm environment, remove spark plug and wipe off excess fuel, replace spark plug and repeat steps 1 – 9.

The only issue I seen with the new SD60i was the engine shroud was not well supported and a few were cracked early on in use. I was not too impressed with the throttle set up and linkage, I expect that to be changed too.

I think Jiffy is fine tuning this exterior shrouding and linkage and we will see a new look with greater durability but the same engine in "2010".