Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7outof10

so i got a nils

9 posts in this topic

so i got a nils hand auger from the big hunting and fishing store that starts with a c....... i was there last weekend and bought it from the bargen cave .......i should of known better so i took it fishing and the thing would not drill at all ..... so once i thought about it they said it was the display one and well ever time someone picked it up and set it down they messed up the tip ........so i went and found some holes form the day before and once the tip got in the open water then she really would dig ..........so what i thought was a really really good deal was not ......and i found out to day the new blad is like $70.... mad

Was out last weekend and couldn't figure out why the holes weren't drilling. Picked it up and realized a part of one of the blades actually had broken off. Been waiting for my dad to get back froma a trip and ask if he still has a receipt for it. I got it for X-mas from him and only drilled about 12 holes with it. I don't even remember what kind it is but I think it's a Mora from FF. Hopefully I can at least get the blade or both replaced for nothing. Shouldn't break after 12 holes.

I have heard so many times about bad blades on the hand Nils from Cabelas. Many times they offer the returned Nils in the Bargin Cave also. Typically a bad tip is included from what others that have purchased one have told me.

I would be very careful of Nils hand augers from there.

Can't you just return it?

Most if not all items in the Bargain Cave are labeled as "No Return". But I'm sure if he puts up a stink they'll change their mind.

Originally Posted By: dtro
Can't you just return it?

Most if not all items in the Bargain Cave are labeled as "No Return". But I'm sure if he puts up a stink they'll change their mind.

oh, didnt' know that, sorry.

Yeah, that's a tough one then. I can see where the blades might have gotten dinged up as a display and or a return and they just dump it into the bargain cave not knowing. Pretty tough to give it a test in the store though. smirk

well i think ill see if i can get some one to try to fix them over summer ....do the sharped blades work pretty good

I'd be leery of purchasing an auger that isn't in the box.

If you decide to keep it send me the blade and I'll take care of it. Just include return shipping. Do that now, not in the summer.

When you walk into the bargin cave you know what you are getting. It is floor models that people may or may not have beat the [PoorWordUsage] out of. Lots of broken things in there. It's kind of a buyer beware deal. There are great deals to be had but there is usually a reason for that "deal'. If it is something that you are able to fix then it is a great deal. I got a real nice cabelas boat cover in there for only 20 bucks because it was returned missing one tie down. Well that was a heck of a deal as they are easy enough to put on. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo