• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A note of thanks!

I just wanted to extend a thank you to all of those who do such a great job of providing advice and information such as the how to's, lens and camera advice and all of the supportive feedback. I've learned a ton just from reading the posts here.

Thanks Steve for the info on the canon site. As I shared my intersst in picking up a good used 30D with a friend, he decided it would be a great time to upgrade and so I bought his 30D with a 28-135 IS lens (he's very particular about his camera so I know its been babied). Then just today I purchased a barely used canon 100-400mmL IS lens after much deliberation between that and the Sigma 120-400mm OS. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Just wanted to share my excitement about the new equipment and my gratitude for all of the great information that is shared in the posts. Thanks!

mnfishingal You have some of the same equipment that I have so I know the fun is just beginning grin The only thing that you might want to invest in is a tripod. I thought that my 100-400 was a soft copy but realized that I must drink too much coffee cause my shots just did not seem as sharp as I would like and when I started using a tripod it made a world of difference. I bought a cheap one off the bay and got just what I paid for cry Pay a little more for quality and it will last a lot longer. Have fun and make sure to share some of those shots with us.