• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Oil in Hutchinson?

Bottle Fish

Ive been looking for SM oil in Hutchinson and can't find any. The outpost has the 24:1 ratio only. Does anyone know where I can get some for a 40:1 ratio in Hutchinson?

I have a brand new auger and would like to follow the recommendations of SM especially when I plan on breaking it in this weekend. Never had a drop of gas yet.

Don't know about strikemaster oil but you can find amsoil sabre at most auto parts stores and you can mix 100:1 or to be safe 80:1. This stuff is great. I usually see the 40:1 sm oil at bait stores.

Being that your auger is new, use the recommended 24:1 mixture for at least the first tank to allow for the break in period. You don't necessarily have to use Strikemaster's oil for the break in. You could use any 2 cycle oil and most have a mixture chart on the back that would allow for you to convert the oil to gas mixture for your application. After the break in, I would definitely switch to Amsoil. You won't be disappointed!

Owners manual says a 40:1 mix. It's a strike master lazar mag if it makes a difference. For the break in period do you want to use a 24:1?

Honestly I don't know jack about motors. Literally. I know. A guy that doesn't know a thing about motors now that's funny.

You can either get the small bottles for mixing with one gallon of gas, or get a quart, and measure out the amount you need to mix with a gallon of gas. I went to a local store that has cooking supplies, and purchased a cheep measuring cup that reads ounces. Pour out of the quart jug what I need, and save the rest. Much less expensive than using the small containers.

Hope this will help. 5.5 ounces oil and one gallon gas for your mix.

Learn more about two cycle engine needs .

Two cycle premix ratio chart (NON multimix)

Ratio Gasoline Two cycle oil

16:1 one gallon 1/2 pint

16:1 six gallons 3 pints or 1.5 quarts

24:1 one gallon 5.5 ounces

24:1 six gallons one quart

50:1 six gallons one pint

50:1 twenty five gallons two quarts

50:1 fifty gallons one gallon

100:1 six gallons 1/2 pint

100:1 twenty five gallons one quart

100:1 fifty gallons 1/2 gallon

Thank you swanbait. I don't know much on engines, but I swore I was at least reading the manual right. Thanks Big Buck Buster I'll probably print that out it helps a lot. I'm retarded when it comes to engines. But I can build just about anything else.

Should have taken shop instead of all the art classes in high school. But I can make a great ceramic ash tray or draw an engine.

Yeah, I asked a guy at strikemaster some ?'s and he told me 40:1 is good for the break-in, just make sure you use an original formula 2 cycle. He said that blends and fully synthetics are ok to use after the first year of use and they will cut down a lot of the oily residue that can build up on the exhaust and handle.