• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

which portable

coombia21

I wish I could give some feedback, but I did buy the Clam lighting and was not at all impressed with the quality. Now I'm sure it was an isolated incident. mad

I have a Wild 2 man which is similar to the Otter,and I really like it, wish it had a thicker canvas though, like the otter. Worth noting that the weight on the X is... I think around 100 or so LBS, don't know if that is an issue though.

Good luck.

The canvas on the Team Wild is lighter than on some other Otter houses but I have experienced no problems with it, do either of you two care to elaborate on what you don't like about it?

FYI to all, the Wild series is more of an "entry" level house, it does not have all the bells as whistles of the other Otter houses, but for the price you will not find a better flip over house on the market.

Yes the X2 will fit tightly.

A good roomy 2 man house is the Otter Lodge. The cabin is doable bit tight. I like the extra room for fishing as well as the head room. I would go with a Lodge in either Camo or Ice Blue. Great houses and the best tubs in the market.

I also would suggest looking at the Sportsmans Caddy if ya get one. Awesome storage unit with spots for beverages, baits and all you need on a trip.

The new seating allows you to tilt the seats to store stuff in the tub easier.

The canvas on the Team Wild is lighter than on some other Otter houses but I have experienced no problems with it, do either of you two care to elaborate on what you don't like about it?

FYI to all, the Wild series is more of an "entry" level house, it does not have all the bells as whistles of the other Otter houses, but for the price you will not find a better flip over house on the market.

Sure, my only issues are the canvas is real light. When its really cold you may have a lot of water dripping, I did, probably the case with most, but I felt it was in large part due to the thinner fabric.

Also I did not care for the bench seat and got rid of it and used 2 chairs that were in a Wild Wilderness series from a few years back that I found on another fishig forum. This made it reallly light about say 60LBS with gear.

Should be noted that for about 300 bucks, its tough to find something as nice though. As someone else has said they are in 2 different leagues.

My Otter Lodge fits under the Access cover on my 06 F-150 6.5 ft box with at least 1/2" to spare. I have hyfax on it which adds a little to the height. But I do have to take the seats off. I feel pretty secure leaving it in there all winter with the tailgate locked and the cover over it.