Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jgillesby

Fishhouse Trailer

24 posts in this topic

I am looking to build a fishhouse and need to find a trailer to build it on. Anyone have any ideas as to where a guy could find a realitively inexpensive fishhouse trailer.

inexpensive is in the eye of the beholder...

In my opinion, you get what you pay for.

I have seen some trailers listed on C's list, but nothing I would feel is "inexpensive" ..

give miltona black smith in miltona a call he makes some of the best frames at a good price

i agree!! the miltona blacksmith builds good frame for the money. i know a few people them and but they cant tell u anything bad about em.

There is actually a framed house on one of their trailers for sale on c list

7 X 14 I believe framed/tyvek for $2,200 Need to finish yourself.

Might want to check it out.

Up in Alexandria.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, Thank you.

I think you'll all be impressed. They don't have their prices posted on the site, but I'll explain the one I've got. He's building me a 8'x14' frame with a single axle and a single hand winch operation. The frame was around $2400.

He is going to "shell" it out for me too though. This includes all steel studs and smooth aluminum siding with diomond plate on the front. The whole package will cost around $5000.

He's got some pretty good pics on his site, but you need to see his system in person...it's really impressive.

Ice it 06,

No. Primer or paint is not a option. They are not set up for that. Now add the $300 for a paint job, and its not that inexpensive anymore!

Brinkman's Trailer in Forest Lake has nice tubular steel crank downs that are 6.5 x 12 for around $1550. They are really nice frames already wired with tail lights and all. I picked one up to build a wheel house for next winter. Design time...

Ice it 06,

No. Primer or paint is not a option. They are not set up for that. Now add the $300 for a paint job, and its not that inexpensive anymore!

300 bucks for a paint job??? i primed and painted my buddys frame with a cheap spray gun with a total for a gallon of rustolem that was 2 coats of each, 2qts primer and 2 qts gloss black.

Those Shack Rack trailers are sure different. Looks like they only have inside frame models though. Sent e-mail yesterday and heard nothing back.

Paint Job:

I was quoted by two people $190 - $230 for a 6 X 9 to be sprayed so I don't think $300 is out of line compared to the small one I had estimated.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.

Yeah he's not very good with the email. Call the number on their HSOforum and he'll answer for sure. He's a good guy and he'll convince you why his system is the best.

He got back to me last night.

$1,680 for a 6 X 8

$1,838 for a 6 X 12

I assume the 6' wide trailers have the wheels outside the frame.

He didn't explain anything, just forwarded quotes.

You're correct. The 6'6" frames do have the wheels outside complete with leaf springs and stirdy fenders. All materials are brand new. I just sold a house that I built on one of his 6.5x12 frames. That frame sold the house for me! It was an excellent frame with all tubing, and no angle iron. His price DOES INCLUDE a quality paint job as well.

This guys quality and attention to detail is like no one else out there. I speak so highly of him because he is all about pleasing the customer and keeping them for life. I would't buy a frame from anyone else.

There is a big price difference in paint. Rustolem does not last very long. A good industrial or auto paint has Hardener you mix in with the paint, it makes it way more durable, and long lasting. $300 is a good deal. Powder Coating is even better, its baked on.

Anyone whos willing to paint a frame with a good quality primer/paint for 300bucks is giving a good deal. You need to consider the fact that a high quality paint thats going to last the use and abuse that comes with the conditions of pulling and setting a fish house on the ice for extended periods, etc. is probably going to run somewhere in the $100 a gallon range for both paint and primer. Trust me its not cheap when you get the good stuff.

i would have them spray the frame with either rhino lining, or line-x. that stuff will never come off. but personally i like my fish house made out of aluminum. wayy lighter and you dont have to deal with the rust problem. i will be building a aluminum one this summer 5x7 v nose for when the ice isnt to thick, personally i dont really like the portables so i will make a small light weight one.