• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stranded on an island....1 rod, 1 reel, 1 lure

RiverBassGuy

7'2" Shimano Cumra MH, Shimano Core, 12 lb line, And an OutKast Sunfish Swim Jig.

THe jig cant be fished wrong. It can be used as a topwater frog over slop, it can be slow rolled on deep weed edges, it can be burned like a crankbait. It can be burned like a buzz bait. Jigged like a jig..

What's up with all the bass baits? Just cause this is the bass forum doesn't mean you have to fish for bass. confused

This is survival! Put on a silver Rapala or Shad Rap and catch some real food! Bass? Come on, who wants to survive on bass? grin

DonBo,

You're gonna make yourself to tired running up and down the beach trying to troll that rap and catch food! LOL crazy

Mine would probably have to be:

7'0 LT Spinnerbait Rod

Revo STX

14lb Line

White/Red Spinnerbait

DonBo,

You're gonna make yourself to tired running up and down the beach trying to troll that rap and catch food! LOL crazy

At least when I do catch something it will be food and not "bass". grin

Typical Walleye guy, just thinking about the frying pan. It just said we were stranded on an island and could pick one rod, reel and lure. Not sure about you guys, but I have a 5 star steak house on my island! Oh yeah, and there's a Hooters contest every Friday at the bar!

Typical Walleye guy, just thinking about the frying pan. It just said we were stranded on an island and could pick one rod, reel and lure. Not sure about you guys, but I have a 5 star steak house on my island! Oh yeah, and there's a Hooters contest every Friday at the bar!

Fantastic! I never said there isn't a Bass cat dealership on your island either. LOL :);)

Ok... I change my set-up. I will use the heaviest 8' rod out there with an old style curado and 50lb braid. For my lure I will choose a 3/4oz. blk/blu/green stanley flat eye with a blk/blu chigger craw trailer. If this is for fun and not survival, I am going to have some fun!!!

I think we gotta clarify what the goal is - is it catching fish for recreation, or eating?

I'm with sled on the survival - gimme the 7 foot M rod and 8 pound mono and a slip bobber

If its for fun, I gotta go with a 7" original powerworm texas rigged. Works for me all year round

If it is bass or larger fish gimme my 7'2" M cumara and core reel with 25# braid, fluro leader and a rapala...big fish eat small fish

If for just surviving gimme my extreme 7' M spinning rod, quantum energy with 12# fluro along with a 1/8oz glow white jighead and 3" gulp minnows.

Well if I were on an Island I think Large Mouth Bass would be the last thing I would target!

12 foot surf rod. a reel that spooled up well with 50 lb test line or so. A hook and sinker for live bait or a 2-3oz sinker and a treble hook for snaging. I would like to skip the rod and go with a trotline like a Yo-Yo Automatic Fishing Reels.

An 11wt fly rod would be my next choice. Some hooks, thread and some feathers.

Or are we talking island like Father Hennipen island?

Ok. If it has to be fresh water, Mn fishing laws and BASS rules (The fishing for fun just took a huge nose dive). I’ll assume the water temp is in the fifties otherwise I’m swimming for freedom.

I’ll go with. A med, fast action rod, A reel with 10lb super braid line and a 4/0 hook with a “green” fluke. I could walk the dog with it, I could use it as a jerk bait, I could dead stick it and I could fish it wacky worm style.

If I didn’t have to go by BASS rule. I would go with a 8wt fly rod with Windcutter II line and an olive green Clouser Deep minnow. It can do all the thing the fluke can except walk the dog. I could also use the 9’ 8 wt rod as a flipping stick with the Clouser Deep minnow ( No BASS rules no 7’11” rod limit ).

This would be a lot more fun if we were talking about fish that get bigger then 9lbs.