• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to go this summer?

WalleyeChaser

This may not be the right forum but i am looking for a good lake to fish for a week in the middle of june with the family in north central minnesota. There will be anywhere from 6-10 of us looking at renting a cabin on a lake. We will be fishing for panfish, walleyes and some pike. Any resorts you guys recommend? Looking to stay in the $1500 range for a week. Just looking for direction cause i don't even know where to begin up there. Leech, URL, Mille Lacs, etc. Shoot me your good experinces or bad if you wish! Thanks in advance, PAUL

Deer lake north of grand rapids is a very nice lake and has a resort on the north end, but I don't recall the name. I have done well fishing there many times, but have never stayed at thr resort myself. Worth checking out though. Not the huge crowds you would run into on mille lacs.

Family huh? Thinking that you'd like to have something close to do in case of rain days, etc.? First areas that come to mind are the Nisswa and Alexandria area. Gull Lake would be my choice in the Nisswa area and Miltona or Ida in the Alex area. Other good areas are the Outing/Emily area. Hard to put a finger on this one. How far are you thinking of traveling?

Are you going to bring up your own boats or rent ? Go down to the Winnibigoshish forum and take a look at Highbanks resort. At that time of the year the fishing for walleyes can be great right in front of the resort and close by there is good pike fishing and if you venture into Cut Foot Souix there is some good panfishing and good walleye if it is too windy on the big lake.

do some searching. not just web, either. many mom and pop resorts that are still open dont have webpages and offer fantastic fishing as well as very reasonable rates. the place we go by detroit lakes we pay 400 bucks for the week and there are some cabins available for less

i have an RV up on winne at bowens lodge

it great family oreinted resort lots for the kids and nice beach if its warm enuff in june

the boat landin is on the cutfoot so you can fish there never hafta to worry bout the big blow good fishing for everything you can catch nice walleyes crappies right off the docks in the evenings

just a great all around place

Gull Lake north of Brainerd is an excellent panfish lake. Lots of walleye in there, but they tend to run on the smaller side. Some nice pike in there too. Lots and lots of resorts all around the perimeter of that lake. From the small ma and pa type to the huge golf resorts. Good luck,

Deer lake north of grand rapids is a very nice lake and has a resort on the north end, but I don't recall the name. I have done well fishing there many times, but have never stayed at thr resort myself. Worth checking out though. Not the huge crowds you would run into on mille lacs.

my folks used to own a cabin up there, too not remember too much about the lake, but we always had fish to eat.

Pleasant Pines on Pleasant Lake near Hackensack (just south of Leech) is very good for all teh species you mention. About 2,000 acres or so and generally not very crowded with either fisherman or recreational boaters. They have cabins which hold up to 6-8 or so an a lodge which would easily handle 10.

I live like 5 mins off gull and it is a great lake lots of walleyes

and this area is a good place to vacation if it rains tons of things to do here specially for the wife lots of stores lol

the difference between here and winnie is houses line the shoreline here

winnie has very very few gull can be pretty but you wouldnt see the widlife and the feel of that up north woodise feel

but both are great place i live here lol eagle flys by my window just bout every morning !!!

i'm kinda lucky(knock on wood) house here RV on winnie

Pleasant Pines on Pleasant Lake near Hackensack (just south of Leech) is very good for all teh species you mention. About 2,000 acres or so and generally not very crowded with either fisherman or recreational boaters. They have cabins which hold up to 6-8 or so an a lodge which would easily handle 10.

I'll add a +1 on Pleasant Pines. We camped there 2 years ago and it was a blast! Great people at the resort and very good fishing!