Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixflats

Tall sides on truck beds.

13 posts in this topic

What is with this trend with the new trucks and having such high sides to the beds of these trucks. Its a pain in the ars to climb into the truck just to get a chain saw out.

Seen the new ford looks like you need a step latter to get anything. I would rather buy a truck from the 90s so I can access what need from the sides.

I believe the new Fords have a step on the sides to reach on the side

Those steps seem pretty dangerous in the winter.Especially after a couple of beers out on the lake.

They add the steps because they understand the tall sides are unreasonable. To me they are no longer trying to make a truck you can work out of. Now they seem to making them into an suv and for the weakend warrior. Maybe thats where the money is for them, for those that just want a truck to look cool in and maybe haul the atv ounce in a while.

I was commenting on the sides and how tall they are. Not the height of the bed. Put it this way I'm 5' 10" in a classic I can place my hand over the side of by the rear window and place my palm face down on the bed know I'm lucky to touch the bed with my fingers with out scratching the paint. Now the chevy is know where near as bad as the new ford. Dodge is just .as bad.

These are the half tons I'm speaking of.

Heck I have a 3/4 ton GMC that I can almost reach the center of the bed. That one I cheated its only 2 wheel drive

i know but i am interested in the bed height to know if a x2 would fit in the back with the tonneau cover rolled out over the top of it

The sides on our '02 Sierra are 19.5 inches and on a '09 Sierra the sides are 21 inches.We can't quite close the tonneau w/ a Yukon in the back,but I bet it would be close with a new one.

Well it's actually my uncles,but he hardly uses it. I love it and will be buying one,or an X2 for next year. Otherwise we have a Mankato Tent and Awning 5x8 we use. He has the hitch for the Yukon but i've never used it,he says it works pretty well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• As the Chronicle reports, Pelosi spoke out Tuesday, essentially begging people to stop talking about third-party candidates and messing up the polling, saying that a narrow victory in the general election "would deprive Hillary Clinton of a big mandate that I think she should have going into the White House and that would be helpful as to how we go forward."   This is just how Del, D2E, Hillary, Donald, and Nancy Pelosi feel about 3rd party candidates.  Nothing personal.  
    • Perhaps you are associating peanut butter with sweet things, like cookies or peanut butter cups.   But peanuts aren't sweet and can work in savory things as well.   Asian food seems to do that with peanuts a lot, just as an example.   African food also. 
    • Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness?  
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is. My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.  
    • Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-
    • I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.   What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?  
    • Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.    And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?    Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?   You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  
    • leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.
  • Our Sponsors