• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

STOLEN Wheelhouse!!!

Outstanding news! Well done Bartman, that is what it takes to catch these scmuks...open eyes and the willingness to act.

I hope the evidence left behind is sufficient for the police to get a read on a suspect/suspects and maybe led them to more recoveries.

Well done!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Bartman!!! What about the guys that took it? Were they anywhere around there?

No one was around, but I was still hesitant to snoop around outside my vehicle until the police arrived, since we weren't sure if it was being used by meth druggies or not.

It was not at the lake when I arrived at 3:00, but it was in the parking lot when I left at 8:15.

Great job Bartman! These are the kinds of things that this forum is all about. As far as I'm concerned, we are all a team and we're all out there with the same goal, to enjoy the sport. These SOB's that do this need to be watchin' their backs cause from what I see, here on out its not too safe for them anymore.

hoggs222, You must feel relieved, and its just in time for you to get out and enjoy your shack bit more. Hopefully someone will run across Bart's now.

next year i'm parking my shack near some trees and hooking up an infared deer hunting camera. someone got me for a $180 deep cell marine battery and did some damage for no reason to the inside.

if i find out who did it or get pics of who thinks they can do it next year the cops won't be called...a few broken bones will teach them more then the slap on the wrist the courts will give them.

Congrats on getting one of these houses back.

Just a thought I had after reading this post. This seems like a topic that this sight should have a forum dedicated to. Call it "Lost or stolen" or something. Maybe even divide it by regions. That's almost 43,000 people looking to catch these a-holes. Probably should just bring it up to the people running the sight but but thought I would run it through here first.

Great job! Pictures are worth a millon! I think everyone with a Prem should take pictures of all sides of their house with anything odd like a dent or something that people could spot if looking. You can always post the Pix's on this site or at lest have them for your Ins, guy! Maybe they could put up a stolen or lost site for members stuff? There would be no way with all the members out there on so many lakes that someone would be able to find a lake in MN or Wis that they could use it on without someone spotting it! Minnesota's most wanted if you will!! cool

Great job Bartman! Hopefully we get the same result with all the theft reports along with some people getting prosecuted.

I think we should go back to losing a hand or couple of diggits if your caught stealing. Probably be a lot less theft going on.

Way to go on the find man. Sounds like somebody 'borrowed' the shack for a weekend of fishing with no plans to return it.

I agree a lost/stolen page might be good. I'm still looking for my 1953 Johnson 25hp outboard with a then newly built electric starter that was stolen from my driveway in St. Paul the day before I left for Canada a few years back. It was an oldie, and they probably sold it cheap for some beer cash because they didn't take the 2 line cans or starter box.

This is really sad, i dont know how a person can live with themselves knowing they are stealin stuff.

to anyone out there building there own house, what we did with our house is we made a slot for a square piece of steal which we bolted a winch too. then you can just slide the square tube into place and winch the house up and down then take the winch with you where ever you go.

also on some of our hydrualic houses that we make, if you leave the house down on the ice, it is nearly impossible to get it back up if you disconnect the battery which is inside the house.

ill also keep an eye open

I'm getting a sticker made here some time soon for my perm's door that says I can see this house from my cabin and it's protected by my .300 wetherby which is effective at 700 yds. or something like that. Or keep it sweet and simplel like...nothing in here is worth your life. Or Smile for the camera