Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phred52

Pontoon Radio

3 posts in this topic

Looking for suggestions on an AM/FM/CD with NOAA capabilitity for my pontoon. I DO NOT want that worthless satellite radio junk, only AM/FM/CD/NOAA. Personally, I'm GLAD to see that 'Sirius' is on the ropes, they were charging for what should've been free anyway. Don't try to convince me, it won't work. Anyone know of a radio that'll otherwise fit the bill?? Thanks Phred52

You may wish to shop around on the net for a HD capable radio. More radio stations will be switching to HD as times go's on and the clarity is great. They will also pick up conventional AM/FM and some may also add the weather channels.

If you listen to Public radio from time to time, they will have digital HD in all areas soon. This is a superior signal with no added pay to use costs.

Thanks Ed, My biggest concern is the NOAA feature. Been caught a few times in some pretty bad stuff and I'm hoping that the regional coverage will help. I do watch the sky, though I've found that the more threatening the sky, the better the fishing seems to be. Phred52