• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX-5 ?

Coon

I havent fished that depth yet with mine...but thats what I figured based on the math.. id have to pull it out of the truck and look to be sure... and honestly Im just not gonna jump out there and do that right now..

I find it easy in all applications to throw a depth finder down and watch it on the screen.. when I feel bottom I can easily see it and work from there.

the LX-5 has 4 options to select for depth.you can select 20 or 40 feet. They are colored white. you also have the 80' and 160' options.They are Colored red. thes match the colored scales on the face of the Unit.

If you are fishing in 42 feet of water, and want to see the bottom you would need to select the 80'foot option. You then use the red circle on the Graph, it goes from 0 to 80. your 42 foot mark shold be right before the white number 11.

If you were trying to fish in water at the max depth on the LX-5, by selecting the 160' option.Then lets say by the red scale you are showing bottom the (red) 50. This would tell you the bottom is at 100 feet.

Now lest say you are fishing in 35 feet of water. You would want to select the 40' option. You would show the bottom at the dash between (white) 17 and 18.

Now keep in mind I am describing what it would be if you were NOT in split screen mode.

The yellow Inner scale is for the zoom in option. It corelates with if you have it in 5', 10', or 20' Of water column in your split screen.

You have the up and down Keys on your LX-5, this will allow you to move your zoom area to what ever part you want in the water column.

Hope that helps.

ok that makes sense...thank you...now how bout a tutorial on the yellow zoom line?

the LX-5 has 4 options to select for depth.you can select 20 or 40 feet. They are colored white. you also have the 80' and 160' options.They are Colored red. thes match the colored scales on the face of the Unit.

If you are fishing in 42 feet of water, and want to see the bottom you would need to select the 80'foot option. You then use the red circle on the Graph, it goes from 0 to 80. your 42 foot mark shold be right before the white number 11.

If you were trying to fish in water at the max depth on the LX-5, by selecting the 160' option.Then lets say by the red scale you are showing bottom the (red) 50. This would tell you the bottom is at 100 feet.

Now lest say you are fishing in 35 feet of water. You would want to select the 40' option. You would show the bottom at the dash between (white) 17 and 18.

Now keep in mind I am describing what it would be if you were NOT in split screen mode.

The yellow Inner scale is for the zoom in option. It corelates with if you have it in 5', 10', or 20' Of water column in your split screen.

You have the up and down Keys on your LX-5, this will allow you to move your zoom area to what ever part you want in the water column.

Hope that helps.

I spent some time confused about the zoom/thinking it wasn't working right. What you need to do is hit the "ZM" button, followed by the "DN" button. Keep hitting it, and watching the yellow line with one eye, and the left had zoom screen with the other eye. When you get to the point that you can see the bottom at about the 6 o'clock portion of the graph, you are ready to go. Sometimes, if I have a real solid bottom reading, it will stop on its own, otherwise I have to manually stop it.

When adjusting to zoom to the bottom, I sometimes have issues actually finding the bottom. You can continue to go down further and it just fills the zoom with "noise". I spent quite a bit of time the first time I used it figuring this out. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't bad.

The way the zoom works is when you hit it once you are going to have a 6 ft zoom window if you hit it twice it is a 10 ft window. It always starts at the top of the water column. Once you turn the zoom on you then use the down arrow to put the zoom window at the depth you want it in the water column. The trick is when you are pushing down watch the right side of the graph (which shows entire water column) you will see two yellow lines going down. The space between those two lines represents what you will see on the left side or the area zoomed in on. If fish are suspended at say 10 ft and your fishing 20fow as you watch the yellow lines go down on the right side they will eventually have the fish you are marking between them. If you look to the left at the same time you will see fish in the zoom window. The Zoom window at that point is not the bottom but showing 10 fow where the fish are. If you want the zoom to be on the bottom then you watch the yellow lines on the right until the bottom line hits the bottom on the right side of your graph. If you keep holding the down button until it actually stops you will technically not have the full bottom 6 or 10 ft because the zoom will actually go into the bottom so to speak which is why you think you have noise. Hope that helps.