• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

09 television schedule

hoggsback

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea. It looks like you're right, all games on MLB. I can't believe your cable co. doesn't carry it. I'd call them.

We have Comcast and the same pkg. that carries MSN also has the MLB Network so we're good to go. Sux to be you. grin

Originally Posted By: DonBo

We have Comcast and the same pkg. that carries MSN also has the MLB Network so we're good to go. Sux to be you. grin

MSN??? Haven't heard that in awhile grin

Okay, FSN. Sorry...geez, it seems everyone's laughing at me these days. crygrin

Quote:
MLB TV network launches Jan. 1

Sunday December 21, 2008

We're just a few days from the New Year's Day launch of the MLB Network, which will become baseball's official TV channel.

If you're familiar with the NFL Network, it's roughly the same blueprint. At launch, the schedule will consist of mostly studio shows from Secaucus, N.J., and old games. The network will show games on Thursday nights throughout the season.

And one very cool program is on the docket already: The Ken Burns "Baseball" miniseries that aired on PBS in 1994 will be airing on Tuesdays. Set your DVR or VCR if you don't have the series on DVD already.

And Major League Baseball has an ambitious timetable for more. It will launch with a capability of 50 million subscribers, and it wants to be a viable contender for bidding on postseason games by 2013.

So will you have it on your television? If you have Comcast, Cox, Direct TV, Time Warner, Charter, Cablevision or Verizon FiOS, you can get it (probably have to be on some kind of sports tier). If you have AT&T or Dish Network or a smaller company, it's not likely that you won't have it at launch.

There will be a a few familiar names. The studio hosts are Matt Vasgersian (formerly the Padres play-by-play announcer) and Victor Rojas. Former players Al Leiter, Joe Magrane and Harold Reynolds will be the analysts.

Thanks for the update wandering. There is no way the Twins wouldn't be available to the public on cable is there? Boy that would be a long summer without em.

Boy, how soon they forget. Wasn't it just 2 years ago the Twins tried to get their own station going? We didn't have bb on TV for almost the whole first half of the season. You're right, it WAS a long summer.

Yah, I remember that, but I also remember thinking there is no way that they will be able to hold it from us too long. Good ole Victory sports channel. Another one of old Carl's swindling moves to try to make more money than he needed while screwing the fans over - that Dink.