Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gopher_Guy

Phoenix area bass guides

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have any recommendations for guides in the Phoenix area? I'll be down that way from the 11th to the 17th. Primary reason will be to visit some friends and hit a few cactus league games but I'd also like to get some fishing in. I won't have access to a boat or anything so I'd need to go with a guide.

no i dont, but sure would like to be on my old stomping ground lived down there for 22 yrs and did well on pleasent,roseavelt bartlet hope you find a guide and have fun.

You helped steer me in the right direction, I'll definitely look into those lakes you mentioned.

fishin, I fished with an Art Chamberlain a few years back, who guided on Roosevelt this time of year. We trolled for crappies with jigs and shad raps, had a great time and seen a 16" get caught. The water levels on those reservoirs fluctuate like crazy, so if the water is high then you might be able to catch fish from shore. Several of the guides down there would post regularly on an Arizona fishing forum, I can't remember the name of the site. good luck...I'm jealous.

i did but need a 4x4 to get back to some spots but for the most we just had a few rods to fish with and also to use as a snake whip i bet i went 12 rods whiping those things, and a small backpack with your tackel and firstaid kit, but then we just pulled off the side of the road went down the bank and walk around the coves.

just take your time and dont grab anything before you pick anything up dont know what would be down there(ouch!!)

I would also have a comb with you, wide gap type just in case of the cactus dont grab it with your other hand use the comb to take it off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Here is hoping for a dry October.
    • I didn't get the elm creek park hunt this year   I guess I will sit right outside the park and hope they chase them out again.
    • I am not one to post on here much but I am always "Lurking in the shadows". Anyway I have a question about a Grand Prix I bought a few years ago. When I first acquired the car it would up shift into the next gear as soon as you stepped on it fairly hard making for a rather uneventful and slow accelerating process. I figured this was normal as it was the only thing I found unusual. Then after awhile it begin to shake subtly when accelerating in first and second gear after second gear it would accelerate flawlessly. in the last few months it has begun to develop a fairly bad jerk when stopping and then going again. This ONLY happens after driving long distances. It never happens if I drive under 100 miles .Also it only happens about 1/3 of the time after driving these long distances. It will still accelerate slowly until about 3 mph and then it will jerk fairly hard when it does happen. Any Ideas what would cause this? The long distance thing is what confuses me.
    • What a load of dung question.  In your eyes no one could respond with a "rational" explanation. Johnson knew what it was going to take to get into the debates when he decided to run.  He failed up to this point so suck it up. Maybe you and Dave can get together and drown your tears together over a couple cold ones.
    • Do you have any rational explanation why a candidate who is on the ballot in all 50 states, and has a petition to be included in the debates with over 1 million signatures on it, should not be in the debates? https://www.johnsonweld.com/debate?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=tweet&utm_term=GJ-09-23&utm_campaign=debate
    • This was Sunday morning after we set decoys. Maybe the duck dock is to comfortable......
    • Sweety, son and I are both-In. Will try and hold out for a buck but no Deer in the freezer so if it's Brown its Down!
    • I may have missed it when I dozed off in the middle of the "debate", but I don't believe there was any mention of Aleppo in the whole affair...    
  • Our Sponsors