• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where would you go on a Trip!

bassNspear

Has anyone ever speared on Big Wolf lake right next to andrusia. I have caught some nice northerns on the lake in the summer. Is spearing even allowed on the lake?

YES, We did a few years ago and it was great, The reason we haven't gone back is because it seems like there is to many people on that lake.

We do need to go somewhere different this winter!!!!

have you guys given any thoughts to lakes like winnie or leech. i know/hear a lot of people that spear steamboat bay on leech. some years are good some not. did it once seen a few. otherwise minnewaska by glenwood has lotz of short fat nords in it. and to boot if ya could get bns to try a bit of variety theres eyes-sunfish and crappies to chase.

i dont hear a lot of info for the brainard area spearing. personally i want to go back to leech some day. when i did spear it i seen some nice perch. when we stayed on leech the anderson family had like 4-6 resorts thet ran on the lake and on different parts of the lake. i stil have there flyers if ya need them.

one lake that is really good and is known for big pike is Red Lake. water is a little dark but people go out and spear. I live up north of bemidji and south of Red Lake and up around here we have really good smaller lakes that hold some big pike. lot of them are just good for portable spear houses. But tons of good lakes up here. Red Lake is a great lake for monster pike.

one lake that is really good and is known for big pike is Red Lake. water is a little dark but people go out and spear. I live up north of bemidji and south of Red Lake and up around here we have really good smaller lakes that hold some big pike. lot of them are just good for portable spear houses. But tons of good lakes up here. Red Lake is a great lake for monster pike.

What is the slot limit for northerns on Red Lake?

I was up to the fergas falls area over the weekend and think I found a couple of really good lakes BNS no slots and a lot of pike small to big but I need to do some more reseach on them and find a place to stay. I'll let you know when I do dude

Leech is real clear in the winter but the Northern population is way down and there aren't a whole lot of weeds. It would be pretty tough spearing unless you know where to go.

I would reccomend Ottertail. If you set up in the right places, you'll have as many hammer handles as you want and you'll see a 40+ incher efery now and then. Not as pretty of a lake as Andrusia and more crowded but it's a big lake and it's choked full od walleyes and perch.

Round Lake north of Lake Alexander, little lake clear good for crappies at night also so a good dual purpose lake.

This is good to know. There has to been some awesome spearing lakes in the Alex area. I would like to go and spend a week there myself!

Not knowing even close to the majority of lakes in the Alex. area, and not a whole lot about spearing, I'd have to say that Ida should be really good. The father in-law years ago in his spearing days got a 18lb and 17lb on the wall 1 year apart from one another along with many others (so he says).

I know I catch many 5-8lbers along with others fishing for walleys along the weedlines every year. Once again, not super in tune with what makes good spearing areas but Ida (and many other Alex area lakes) has multiple varying depth large weed beds.

Give me a shout if you are interested in more information. You know how to get a hold of me. Maybe we could fit in a "test run" next winter (maybe get the big guy up there) to the cabin. We can try for eye's in the permanent in the evening!!