• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Auger Customer Service

rocki

Nils Auger Customer Service is just as fast as strikemaster for those who cant drive to the location. I had a slight bend in my auger shaft, they sent me out a new one and it will be here within 3 business days, all shipping paid. I had the same good service with strikemaster also. So those worried about nils being so far away.... I thought that was really quick and great service.

Interresting. So what did you have to do special to get yours replaced? Nils refused to acknoledge that mine is bent 7/16" and told me to take it back if I'm not happy. At the moment I'm not impressed at all with the customer service especially when you compare it to the great service I've gotten from SM. I was planing on contacting them again next week to try and convince them that there is a problem. 3 out of the 4 shafts that I've tried have been bent. Do you think there is a problem here? Duh. And to top it off my #1 concern was that it may take out the gear box prematurely, Guess what's leaking grease.

Don't get me wrong it's a great auger, just the customer service could use some improvement.

The cutting blade I'd give a 5 star rating in effiency. The Tanaka motor I'd also give a 5 star rating, it's awesome motor with very high quality.

Being I haven't gotten a replacement shaft yet I have not sold my SM yet but its given me a chance to compare them side by side on the ice.

One of the reasons Nils can use a motor with a smaller amount of torque is because of the effiency of the blade. Hence the same applies to SM and the Lazer blades they use aren't as efficient so they have to use a motor with more torque to get the job. Not a bad thing just a different way of doing it. This is why people say the Nils is so much easier to use cause it takes less torque to get the same job done. If you use a Nils and then pick up a SM Its a night and day difference. I think it was dtro that said he's was drilling one handed with his Nils, I believe it, I haven't tried this one yet myself because the thortle hand is on my bad shoulder side and I don't need to be wrecking my shoulder again.

A few weeks ago when I was out with the SM the thortle cable end broke off. When I got home I called SM to see about getting one, $12.39 and 26hrs later there was a cable my door step, thats service to me. We've all know how quickly our weather can change here in MN. and how quickly our ice season can come an end, so minimizing down time is important me.

If I had to go out and buy a new auger again right now/ tommorrow I'd get a another Nils in a heartbeat despite the troubles I ve had.

Now next year should be very interesting and exciting to see what the other auger manufacturs do for a motor since Tecumseh is out of business. If the rumors are true what SM is going to use that should be a nice unit also. Theyr'e quality should rival a Nils. I haven't heard what Jiffy is doing yet.

All of this info is just my expirence and opinion. I know opinions differ greatly from individual to individual.

The reason I added this post is cause a friend pionted out the negitvity in my first post and I don't want people saying that these augers are junk because they're not. The Nils is a high quality auger. Just wanted to make that clear.

I didn't realize the nils was designed with less torque. The reason I say this I dulled the cutting head on my Nils and I had to put all my weight on it to get it cut and this thing did not bog down one bit and I weigh 220#. maybe its in the gearing but how do they do that with the cutting RPMs as high as it is.

I have not dealt with their customer service yet I hope you can get things straightened out. Maybe take it back to where you bought it and see what they an do for you. If they refuse to help then maybe Nils will feel obligated to help.

THEY DID NOT HESITATE ON SENDING ME A NEW SHAFT, I ONLY HAD THE AUGER 2 WEEKS THOUGH. IT HAS A WOBBLE TO IT, I USED PDOGGS AUGER AND HIS DIDNT HAVE THE WOBBLE MINE DOES. SO THEY SENT ME A NEW SHAFT, AND IT DOES THE SAME THING. NOW THEY ARE SENDING ME A NEW ADAPTER AS THEY THINK THAT ME BE THE PROBLEM. SO I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I TURN OUT. IT CUTS GOOD, BUT IM NOT A FAN OF THE WOBBLE. I STILL HAVE THE STRIKELITE IN THE GARAGE, AND IF WE CANT GET THIS FIGURED OUT, I WILL BE GOING BACK TO STRIKEMASTER.