Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bgreen82

tune up for 15 hp merc. where and about how much?

10 posts in this topic

looking to find a place to tune up the motor this spring, it was running a little off end of last season. any good spots or people to go to in the southeast metro and how much can i expect to pay? this will be the first time ive tuned up the motor since ive had it.

Any certified Merc shop. It'll cost about 100.00-150.00 for a once over, Plugs, Oil, Lower Unit, Filter. I take it it's a 4-stroke?

Have you put new plugs in? Also add some sea-form that might help. Thats about $10.00. If you have the ear muffs you can check it out at home on one of the warmer days.

but youre talking to the least mechanical person on this HSOforum probably.

Then I'd always err on the side of letting a professional, certified machanic work on the motor--why take a chance?

You risk far more in total loss than the investment made letting a pro work on it.

yeah i dont mind paying, im just looking for a good place near the grove where i can take it.

whats the best suggestion for running the motor at home? big barrel full of water. it doesnt have a hose insert.

I believe they sell those devices to put over the intake to run your hose into. also I would not bring that motor to a dealer, that is way too much wasted momey. just pull off the carb, its very easy on this motor. then pull out all the pins and componets, and do a very thorough cleaning. brake cleaner works good for this, then re-assemble the carb. this works wonders on the motor running good. the only thing that makes a motor run bad is the bad gas that we get nowadays, and the carb needs a good cleaning. I would also get the gas can replaced, or empty and clean it out.

make sure when you put it back together, that you get the pins set to the correct flow. I usaully turn the pin in all the way before I take it a part, so I know hoe far out it needs to be when I re-assemble.

I have motors that ran so bad, that they would kill. I just clean out the carb, and it runs like it was brand new and just purrs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Perhaps you are associating peanut butter with sweet things, like cookies or peanut butter cups.   But peanuts aren't sweet and can work in savory things as well.   Asian food seems to do that with peanuts a lot, just as an example.   African food also. 
    • Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness?  
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is. My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.  
    • Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-
    • I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.   What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?  
    • Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.    And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?    Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?   You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  
    • leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.
    • nw wisconee private marsh
    • Sorry, I thought the model was listed on the title of my question.  Anyway, Garmin 53dv EchoMap.  This one has downview, but is chirpless.  Seems like nice unit, tough.  Just wondered about those 2 wires.  Thanks.
  • Our Sponsors