• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Its time to look at the positives

Muskiefool

What we have now is better than its ever been for many reasons, I really dropped the ball at the round table by not highlighting what we actually have going for us.

At no time before have so many been involved and put in the time and money to help the Muskie and Pike fishery, we are so fortunate to have the people who put the fish first, I'm not just talking Muskies Inc guys either; there are so many unaffiliated people that call and write and want to help and be involved, so many that don't even live in MN, they just love what we have.

We have a Long Range Plan to create some Big Pike lakes and try to reduce harmful Hammer Handle symptoms and to restore a quality pike fishery, the Muskie plan spells out up to 8 new lakes and addresses and provides transparency for all who care, this work is spearheaded by 2 of the best Muskie and Pike biologists on the planet, its more than just a job for them, they are the men that love the fishery.

We have a "Gift" from a great man a man who's life was Muskies, all through his days he selflessly gave money and time to MN, WI and Ontario for research so those who study the fish as well as you and I could have a better understanding. Hugh Becker provided and secured a funding source that has somehow remained recession proof, I guess that is a testament to the man and his gift of $4,000,000.00 to a fish he loved as much as life, Muskies will continue to benefit from him long after any of us reading this are dead and gone.

We have a "Legacy" of Conservation provided to us by one of the greatest men to cast a shadow on the water as well as the State Capitol "Frank Schneider Jr., he donated countless hours fighting for every aspect of the outdoors from Boat landings to a fish that cannot fight for itself, he and his good friend Dave Overland (and consummate fishing partner) gave and fought for all outdoorsman and never asked for or expected anything, they did it all and left us the strength and commitment to keep fighting for a fish that cannot fight for itself.

We have never had so many that give back more than they take from the resource, no matter the fish, conservation and understanding is at a all time high and never before have we seen so many giants grace our presence.

In the worst of times against all odds MN passed a 3/8ths tax to give back to Fish and Game Habitat, I know its been a bit controversial but It will do things that will change MN forever, this means the work starts now and that politicians and the council know we will hold them individually accountable for every penny of our money.

We are just now realizing that this group of anglers is a brother and sisterhood of people that have a bond that literally cannot be broken, we have a common thread that will tie us no matter who or where we are; Muskies.

I could spend the rest of the time talking about the things that we have difference with or battles and rough water on the horizon but we would lose sight of what we really have.

The greatest Muskie Fishery MN has ever known and the brightest future for ourselves and our future generations, they will look out across the shores of Winnie, Leech, Pokegama and French with a Muskie rod balanced in their hands watching the lines of foam gather and the trees howl the same song we hear today; on the same trail we fallowed.

Thank You Muskie fisherman for caring and giving back.