Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shack

You Ever Wonder Which One Would Win: Powerstroke Vs Cummins (Video)

28 posts in this topic

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Seems like an expensive point! Probably 8 new tires, and maybe even a tranny as well.

I have seen this done once with a Ford and a Chevy, same result.

a weight thing more than anything else.

I agree I don't think these prove anything, Same gearing, weight tire sizes, traction....on and on. And the real bottom line is who cares anyway? If a certain truck fits your needs you buy it.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
a weight thing more than anything else.

I agree I don't think these prove anything, Same gearing, weight tire sizes, traction....on and on. And the real bottom line is who cares anyway? If a certain truck fits your needs you buy it.

Bingo!

No real point at all! smile

I thought it was just a cool "raw power", (Tim Allen) Huh! Huh! Huh! or Oh! Oh! Oh! kind of video grin

Heck, you hook up 2 Powerstrokes together, on is going to fail or get pulled. You hook 2 Cummins together, one is going to fail or get pulled.

I am sure these truck are stock minus a tunner wink. It could of went either way until that hick-up occured on the Cummins, even then the Ram almost pulled'er back.

But you can find hundreds of videos that will go either way.

Let's see them then smile

Lots of vid's on you- tube!

Ya, a lot of junk video's I have found grin. Non-show the whole pull all the way threw or they are horribly shot out in the front street with daddy's trucks and kids that do not know what they are doing grin

This one by no means was a controlled test, but at least the footage was clear, it was at a track/event, looks like adults or at least the owners of the trucks and you get to see the whole pull, till the end. wink

Like I said, if you find something cool, put it on up! I love these videos, no matter who wins! smile

Im not a ford fan at all,but those turbos on the powerstrokes make it sound like a jet.lol I love that.And most importanly it aint a toyota. laugh

The real test is put max weight each vehicle can handle then let em rip. Better have a thicker cable. Thats if you realywant to be real and find out.

Nice vid Valv. they had that powerstuck loaded with people, I wonder if the Dodge was a 4 door loaded with people? Who knows if either of these were stock for stock, or both trucks could of been chipped,ect.....

Only REAL way to prove anything is hook'm up to a sled and be done with it.

I knew Valv would find one grin

I never put in Yankin in my search grin

Shackbash wrote: I never put in Yankin in my search

Yeah, who knows what would come up with that sentence on the internet! blusheekshocked

I knew Valv would find one grin

I had to do it.... grin

Actually there are so many videos of any combination and outcome it's tough to decide which one to post.

I actually like the ones with same brand but different model (like F350 vs F450 etc).

I agree with Shackbash, I really think it's not the most intelligent way to show what a vehicle is capable.

Towing capacity is related to many factors, showing it in a test is very tough, even for a magazine or TV.

Yeah these redneck tug of war does not prove anything. It may prove the owner of the truck had more grip or horsepower than the other. Thats all it really proves. But I still give it up for Cummins because their motors are rated to last 500,000 miles or more while the Duramax and Powerstroke are around 250,000. Cummins straight six turbos last a long time because straight six motors have less problems with harmonic balancing like v motors. Look at Toyota Supra turbo charged straight 6 motors, they can do high 700-800 horsepower with the stock block. Start with a good platform and it all falls in right.

The real test is to line em up with a trailer loaded down and have a good 0-60-0 race. Thats what I like to know about. Not much fun going fast when you smash into whatever is in front of you! wink