Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poorB

lost/stolen auger

10 posts in this topic

my new jiffy model 30 fell off my sled as i pulled it out onto long lake north of saint francis this evening. I saw the only truck leave the lake a mid to late 90's gold s-10 pickup with a topper before i relized it had fallen off i was maybe 300 yards from the access when i noticed it was gone. I have filed a police report but won't press charges if it is returned. PM me if you have any info.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope you get it back, but how can you file a police report for something that was lost? I don't think any charges would stand up in any court against this guy as he could claim he found something on public property and the court could deem it as abandoned property.

Nothing to press charges on if you drop it, but man that is a kick in the teeth I understand your dissappointment.

Filing a police report is a good idea. If an honest individual finds it and wants to try and return it they may very well contact the police department to see if anyone reported a lost property report.

you may very well be right but in stating that it is abandoned couldn't i drive up and steal an empty wheel house and drive away with it and say it was abandoned on public property?, seeing the guy drive off with it, in my eye's, would be stealing he could have just as easily turned around and made an atempt to find out if the guy a couple hundred yards away had accidently dropped it. bottom line the auger probably is never going to turn up. im out 1 new auger and my season is over.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope you get it back, but how can you file a police report for something that was lost? I don't think any charges would stand up in any court against this guy as he could claim he found something on public property and the court could deem it as abandoned property.

i stated that the auger fell off my sled in the police report at any rate my hope was that the person would get pulled over or see a posting on this forum and i could recover my property as i can't afford to replace it

Nothing to press charges on if you drop it, but man that is a kick in the teeth I understand your dissappointment.

Dont know the laws in MN ,but in SD you have to make a reasonable attempt to find the propertys owner or you can be charged. Dont remember the exact charge, but had this happen with a customers gift cards he lost in the parking lot.

nope happened on my way out to fish

bummer dude...at least I hope you caught some fish?