• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tailgating ideas?

Headed to Martinsville in a month to attend two days of racing. We are thinking of tailgating, since we are driving to this one. Any ideas? The biggest issues will be no alcohol (medical issues for one), and not too spicy (stomach issues with another). Yeah, the guys know how to kill a good meal, but what's a girl supposed to do? grin

Thinking of taking a portable gas Coleman stove, cast iron fry pan, etc.

I should probably mention that the last time we drove to a race with the couple we are going with, we pretty much lived on peanut butter and jelly on white bread. I refuse to subsist on elementary school lunches on this trip! sick

Filet Mignons and bacon wrapped shrimp. Stuffed green peppers work as a nice side. This is what we made in the one and only tailgate I have ever done. Big 12 Championship a couple of years ago in KC. Great time. Cast iron? Make blackened filets. Bring one of those coleman road trip grills if you can get your hands on one. Great for that kind of duty.

When we go camping, I always throw this together ahead of time and freeze for an easy to heat on the coleman lunch. Double or triple the recipe based on how many people you are feeding.

Sloppy Joes- You'll never buy Manwich again

1 lb Hamburger

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/4 chopped green pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup barbacue sauce

2 tablespoons brown suger

Salt & pepper to taste

1. Brown ground beef, onion, & green pepper. Drain liquid.

2. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.

Tailgating??? Steaks, brats, burgers are staples for tailgating. Anything else is kinda gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. grin

True, but the looks we got with the bacon wrapped filets and bacon wrapped shrimp were looks of hunger. Of course I could have confused the drooling for something else laugh

We took an RV down to Martinsville about four years ago....probably the best time of my life, so enjoy!

As for food, a small grill sounds like the way to go if you want tailgating types of food. One of the best parts of going to a race like that is walking around the RV lots, enjoying the people watching. I would suggest food that could easily be walked around with like hotdogs or hamburgers. Foods on a skewer would work too.

If you want more traditional meals, just bring the coleman stove and cook food just like on a camping trip. You'll find a million food ideas in the camping forums.