Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FCspringer

Eagles

6 posts in this topic

Not into the bird watching thing much, but I found one that might interest the serious watchers. I am from Alex area and there is a Bald Eagle nest bigger than life at the Arrowwood resort. when you pull in it is off to the left a couple hundred yards you can watch them now from the driveway, road, or parking lot. It is kinda cool. What a huge nest made of branches.

Thanks for the info. I'm too far away to take advantage of this, but birders and photographers are always looking for tips on where to find something interesting.

Another Eagle tip for the adventourus, There has been reports of some eagle haning out in a rathur unualsual place. The Fargo City Landfill. Since it has been so extreme cold this year and the rivers are all frozen even at the dams, there are a couple of Baldies living at or around the Fargo lanfill. I have not yet had the chance to see them myself but it came from a pretty reliable source within my photography club.

I think these have been nesting here for years, might make for good youngster photos soon

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to keep it in mind, next time I head that way. If you see any activity, please post it here or email me. I have no idea when chicks start hatching, but I know I'll be there in the spring, looking for loon chicks. However, I have an idea that the eagle chicks will hatch long before the loon chicks.

OK I will be a bird watcher for just a little while. I know they are up there now.Well at least the other day they were anyway.