• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bows....Matthews, Hoyt, or Browning?

Badger_55

I currently have a Parker Trailblazer 50-60lb bow that I have had for a couple of years. I really like the bow but I really think it is time to upgrade in poundage. I am just wondering what you guy's feelings are about the those bows out there? I am a Browning Rifle guy, but have heard a lot of good things about Hoyt and Matthews. I would appreciate all opinions.

Thanks

I shoot bowtechs but bowtech makes the diamond line of bows and also the gander mtn techbows it depends on what you like and can spend a $350 dollar bow will kill them just as dead as a $1200 bow the main thig is you have to be happy with it and shoot it good go with a open mind and shoot them all most proshops will try to push the bow they carry so go to diffrent bow shops and shoot till you fall in love Try the diamond marquise, bowtech general or the bowtech allegence have them all and love every one

Pay less attention to brand, and look more for the type bow you want to shoot.. You want a long and forging one, or a short and fast one. One with a solid wall, or mushy wall. You want a smooth draw or a hard roll over?

Try a bunch..

I seem to like the grips on Hoyts, so, hence that is what I shoot. I really like Martins as well.

Like Deitz said there is alot of small details when choosing a bow and the brand name is far from what to think about going into a bow shop. All his advice is great and also brace height will give you a more forgiving bow. Make a list of what your looking for in a bow then go on the internet and see which ones fall under your expectations just to get an idea. Then go shoot them and see how you like them and choose which one feels right for you! as for me i got a matthews reezen but the hoyt AM32 was also great.

good luck!

Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtech There all good bows I shot all of them. If you like mathew's check out their nock off. It's about the same question of Ford/Chevy/Dodge just shoot shoot shoot. What is your draw length? My buddy had an issue of a 32" draw and only could find ONE bow out there without custom ordering.

yeah I guess that was kind of a loaded question. Thanks for the replies and hope to have more. I had been leaning towards mathews, I stopped at a shop and of course all they sold were mathews and they were pretty high on them. I liked the feel of the dxt, reezen, and the hyperlight which I though stuck out the most. But now I have been looking at Hoyt and thinking about them as well, I know a shop really close to here that I can shoot and all they have is Hoyt. My friend had a Bowtech Diamond Black Ice and had nothing but trouble with it. But I know every product has a bad egg once and awhile.

Still up in the air, but personal experiences and feels of your bow would be nice and help me narrow down my decision.

Thanks

I am looking for a brace height that is 7+". I would prefer a smooth bow and not a bow that is very long in axle to axle length.

Another thing is that I have always shot with a whisker biscuit and am thinking about switching to a drop away. I am pretty accurate with the biscuit but am pretty positive that I would be more consistent with the drop away.

I have never shot the wisker biscuit so I cant say a thing about it but I have a 3 drop away rest that I shoot the trophy Taker, the TrophyRidge and the vaportrail limb driver I shot the Trophytaker for years it never failed it's a great rest easy to tune, Trophy ridge I didnt like the noise I got from it and it's a bar that raises from the side of the rest if you pulled the string down to raise the rest you could grab the bar and it will move around with even a little amount of pressure I am shooting the limbdriver on my target bow and also love this rest has never failed me and is easy to tune I will be taking off the Trophyridge from my hunting bow and replacing it with the limb driver

Just measured my Bowtech general brace height is 8 1/4" axel to axel is 31" and has oval cams for a smooth draw cycle yet has a absoulute dead stop on the back wall

Find a bow that you like to shoot and go from there. THen you can start the argument on accesories. I would suggest a 3/5 pin sight with a Whisker Bisquit to start off with. Get your confidence up and then start worrying about drop aways or what not. I bought a Drenaline last year this time. Got a Whisker bisquit and a Tru Glow 5 pin sight. Shot biggest buck of my life with that rig. Now I have confidence and want to get better so I put a Trophy Taker Xtreme rest with a new Armortech Axcel sight. First time I went cheap both sight/rest for 100 bucks now 300 for both. Get what you pay for but nothing wrong with a whisker bisquit.