• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Otter hitch pins??

KrashR

So I lost one last year and have been using a bolt since. It would be nice to get a pin again for easy on/off, and I was about to spend the 6.99 on a pair from otter direct but I'm NOT paying $15 for shipping!! I can't find anyone that has that long of a pin nor any otter dealers that stock these. Does anyone know of somewhere I can get these in the metro, without driving to Maple Lake??

I really dont think they would charge ya $15 to ship them. Call Otter and ask them 1st hand. The shipping table on the HSOforum isnt always perfect.

Either way there are plenty of places to get them. If you cant find them E-mail me and Ill send ya a few.

I'll get by with a bolt again this weekend. I haven't done my due diligence and called up otter direct and didn't feel like paying $22 for one pin (I only need one). Just so other people know FF and Northern in Blaine don't have them. And I'm pretty sure I've checked at "save big money at..." in Fridley and they didn't either.

If it was a 3/8" pin sure I'd have this done, but its 1/4"

I looked at 6 different places here in Kenora, not one place had them or anything that would work. I went to Sunset Husky and they had them ordered from otter and on the shelf in less than 2 weeks. Now that is quality customer service!

Krashr, I know what you mean. I have been looking as well, and Northern or Menards or FF (Forest LAke, Woodbury, Oakdale, etc.) don't have anything that comes close to working. I tried a few online places and they are out. I even pulled one off my snomo trailer (tilt safety pin) but it was too thick, as it needs to be 1/4"...

what a PITA, and if you go with a bolt and wing nut you need two of them with lock washer between them, or you need a nylock nut, but then you also need wrenches which stinks in cold weather, or if you forget a wrench...

I will keep looking...

If all you can find are 3/8" pins, go a few aisles over and get a 3/8" drill bit to go with your shiny new pins. A little garage time hogging the holes out, and you're golden! I always thought those 1/4" pins were a little flimsy to begin with.

If all you can find are 3/8" pins, go a few aisles over and get a 3/8" drill bit to go with your shiny new pins. A little garage time hogging the holes out, and you're golden! I always thought those 1/4" pins were a little flimsy to begin with.

Yep, good idea, and I did part of that... smile but I only augered out the sled plastic part. When I got to the cabin and found my rigid hitch holes were still only 1/4 I was stuck... as I didn't have drill or bit up there with me. I need to spend some time getting tools up nort' wink