• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A few from yesterday...

Very nice!! I like smile

The berries in the 2nd shot look out of this world!

How close were you with the 70-200 to get those shots?

(I'm looking at upgrading)

(Thanks all for your comments)

How close was I?

The "Berry" shot, I was approximately ten feet away and had the lens stretched out to its maximum of 200mm.

Distance with the bird shots varied a little, most of these subjects were with in 8 to 12 feet. This lens takes extremely sharp images. The proof is in the pudding. Have a close look at the details regarding the birds feathers etc. These are after the photo were cropped to much closer distances. The IS feature is also a great asset, as it really helps to keep those subjects sharp.

I'm not technical when it comes to my equipment, however there are those on this site who a very technically advanced. They are also very helpful and are always willing to lean their advice "if" asked!

Here's a couple more taken with my 70-200mm 2.8 IS. The chickadee was aproximately 8 feet directly above my position. I cropped it very tight just to illustrate how sharp the lens is.

Hand held...notice you can even see the birds eye lashes!

IMG_7890-1.gif

IMG_7793-1.gif

I have decided to sell my 100-400mm L series lens in order to step up to the 500mm. Very pricy, but I am enjoying every single moment that I go on a walk-a-bout with camera in hand! wink

Quote:
I have decided to sell my 100-400mm L series lens in order to step up to the 500mm. Very pricy, but I am enjoying every single moment that I go on a walk-a-bout with camera in hand! wink

Pricey indeed, but I really like my 500!

The poses on your chickadees are great and the detail is fantastic. I would've liked to see a little more detail on that shot of the chick right above you, and just a bit of flash may have done the trick here. Not criticizing, still a great shot! smile