Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dewyg

where do you put your sunflower?

29 posts in this topic

I keep breaking my mr.heater sunflower in transport while it is in my team wild 3 man. what do you do to keep it intact/ I have my auger in the sleigh with all my gear, any suggestions or pictures would be appreciated. Do you take your heater off of the tank?

Put tank in a milk crate.

Saw a guy today with a bucket over the top of his, with bungies strapped from the bucket holes to the crate. Double protection I guess !!

The milk crate works great. Keeps the tank from tipping over when traveling. Look for the tall ones. They work the best for protecting it a little higher up.

i have the pancake tank on a base that was made for that size tank.

I too use the milk crate for the tank. I remove my heater and after cooling, secure it inside of a pail with a few other things. I have also found that it is a good idea to always carry an extra thermocouple with you, just in case.

Where do you get the thermocouples at? I went to a local hardware store and Lowes and the ones they had didn't fit my sunflower, so I bought a Little Buddy which isn't as nice as my Sunflower was.

ALWAYS on the opposite side of the door flap. wink

Where can i get an 10-11 lb pancake? I'd like to store my tank under on seat in my X2 and i think the short and fat would be perfect.

I keep my sunflower and 20 lb tank in a milk crate, and it always rides in the rack on the 4 wheeler.

I use the milk crate to transport all my 20lb in the truck or wherever. no tipping over, or rolling around

I carry my 11 lb pancake tank and sunflower heater in a milk crate on my wheeler.

ALWAYS on the opposite side of the door flap.

Very good advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take my heater off everytime...and store it in the box it came in...which i wrapped duct taped around to make it weather proof box (duct tape fixes everything). Kind of a pain I guess but I got sick of breaking parts and replacing heaters. The milk crate idea sounds good...I may have to try that.

I put mine in a milk crate. In the house (3 man clam voyegeur) I set it in the corner to blow diagnolly across the house. I took a 2x2 and made a U bracket that fits down into the corner of the milk crate behind the tank. It is approx 4" higher than than the sunflower and keeps the canvas from hitting the hot sunflower and burning a hole in the canvas if its a bit windy. You can remove the U bracket assembly and lay it in the bottome of the sled if needed to put the travel cover on. Works good no more burns in the canvas either. Bill

Bturck, do you have any pics of the bracket. Sounds like a good idea. I think i know what you are talking about but would like to see a pic to make sure.

where do i put my sunflower?

in the garden ; )

That's a good place, for the Gold Finches to enjoy. grin

This is my Team Wild 3 and what I do. I have a 5lb'er though!

3260615049_9d92ec80d2_o.jpg

It is all held together tight by adjustable bungee's from Wal-Fart wink

Sorry, right rear corner.

Here is a better image:

3261146090_9e98d82214_o.jpg

I carry my tank in a havy duty milk crate and keep the cooled down heater head in a 5 gallon pail wrapped in a couple fish towels. Or I toss it in my Sportsmans Caddy made by Otter in my Otter Lodge. Great storage unit.

Where is your auger? My auger takes up the most room in my wild 3 man sled. I decided to just remove the head and store in my storage box on my snowmachine. Less hassle and keep it from getting destroyed.(Again)

I run my auger on the back of my sled like this:

3289487840_076e943b99_o.jpg