• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spirit Lake Fishing Reports

Have not been out since last week but tried the evening bite once caught 3 but nothing over 14, and then the morning bite caught 2 one keeper. Planning on getting out Sunday fishing perch for the day, and them getting to the spot to try to get some eyes at the evening bite, hope to have a little better report Sunday night.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esox

You are on the $ with your report. I went down to visit family so I purchased a one day liscense and went out with my father in law and nephew. We fished one day, Monday AM until 1:30PM, and managed to catch 36 big perch! In all we caught probably well over 60 perch, but we threw everything back under 10" with the biggest ones going 13". The big boys were biting, but it was extremely light. We focused on some deeper water, with 22' being the best. Small presentations was the key, the perch are feeding on bloodworms, so that was a key in fishing for them. We had to use spring bobbers to detect the slightest bites. They would just pull the line ever so slightly and when we saw the spring botter bend, set the hook! We had fish marked almost the whole time, but you had to work hard to get them to go. You would have flurries every so often, but I think that is b/c once you would catch a couple it would somewhat ignite the school.

Esox,

Send me a message on here. Need your number, mine has changed. Coming up Monday. Thinking about putting the shack out on Hayward's but havent been up since September.

Not sure for sure where we will be at. Want to pick your brain before set up.

I'm headed to Big Spirit tomorrow afternoon for my first weekend at the cabin since Nov...Can't wait! Had a great open water year with the walleyes, hopefully I can keep it up. How it travel on the ice? Any issues with acces

It's going to be a real challenge to get around if we get the snow thats predicted. The landings haven't been too bad. The ones I have used on Spirit are Buffalo Run, Hale's Slough, and Orleans. They've all be kept open by someone. Once you're on the lake you're on your own there have been pretty good trails out to the community spots but other than that it can get kind of tough and will be even worse after this snow and wind.