Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paul pachowicz

reloading components

6 posts in this topic

Schells just opened a new store. They had one in our mall but they opted to move into a new store in a new mall area about 1/2 mile west and south of the new Cabelas. Today, We went there just to check out the place. My bud needed a few 100 CCI 200 LR primers but their supply was depleted. After calling all around town we were told that there simply are none in any of the reloading places in town and powders and bullets are in high demand and low in availiability. Kinda sounds like panic buying with the new political regime in place. I've got plenty of stuff myself but, I wonder if there is going to be a big riff, country wide, with restrictions on components? Guess I did prety good when I bought two bricks of .22's last year at 10 bucks per 1000, a couplla pounds of powder, 500 primers and a few boxes of bullets. Any of you reloaders seeing a trend?

Seems to be getting harder to find anything firearm related as time goes by right now. And they say the economy is bad, all firearm related industries are selling at record levels right now.

Well it is getting dificult to find any deals on regular shells too cripes a box of fed premieums cost 15 -20$ for 2 3/4". If that keeps up they will have to post guards outside the sporting goods stores. heck they cut off your cadiletic converters from your cars allready. I was told federal was not makeing any ammo for awhile to suport the war effort but if thats true I have no real Idea. But it could be a reason for lack of some ammo and inflated prices for some stuff. The clerk at gander told me that.

I have noticed an increase in the cost and sometimes availability in primers, bullets and brass. Powder, not so much, but I am sure that will be the next thing.........

I was told federal was not makeing any ammo for awhile to suport the war effort but if thats true I have no real Idea. But it could be a reason for lack of some ammo and inflated prices for some stuff. The clerk at gander told me that.

crazy Gotta love the rumors. Federal is pumping out plenty of ammo. There was definitely an increase in consumer demand after the elections.

I have noticed an increase in the cost and sometimes availability in primers, bullets and brass. Powder, not so much, but I am sure that will be the next thing.........

Of course it is, the manufactures are playing on our fears. They know that if they jack the price reduce the production they will make a fortune. Humans are like lemmings, tell them something will be gone, and they will flock to get what ever it is.