• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Digging Holes again

Fish Head

Now that there isn't much snow in the yard anymore, the dogs are back to digging holes again. Uuggghhh!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 lab mutts that keep wrecking my yard. Areas that had nice grass are now mud and/or holes. I've heard urinating in the area helps. Ever tried it? Any other ideas?

I have that same problem, my two labs love to wreck my yard. Ive never heard of the urinating thing. One thing ive tried that works for a little while was to put their e collers on then i sit at the window waiting for it and give a zap. That seamed to work for a while but a couple days later their right back at it, I think if i were a lil bit more persistent with it i might break the habit.

If they keep digging in the same hole you could try putting some dog doo in the bottom of it. That worked for my dogs. The old timers will tell you to fill any hole a dog digs with water and hold their head under for a while. A little much, but it might work. After catching my dog chewing up one of my favorite pairs of boots I took said boot and wore him out with it. On the plus side he never chewed another pair of boots, on the minus side he would hide out any time he saw me putting boots on for the next few months.

smile

My dog has done this as well. We tried the dog doo thing and it works fairly well. Another thing that works if you know the place where he usually digs is to put pepper down. Usually they will smell the area before digging. It was kind of funny watchin her smell and then sneeze like crazy and run away smile