• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Outboard Manufacturer Poll

marine_man

Have always had Mercurys (or Mariners) but not by choice - they are already on boats that I have bought. That being said they have been good motors with very few issues other than regualar maintenence and putting them away correctly each season. Current motor is a Mercury 40 4 stroke and after one season it has performed to expectations. Paul

I have had the Merc 150 on mine since 94, never miss's a beat only thing I had to replace was the low speed/idle fuel pump $80.00. It has lost a few MPH, but 62 is still plenty fast (gps) and witnessed by many. Although on my duck boat I do have a 40 Johnny itis sweet also

i had a 60 evinrude for bout 18ys never had a problem with it then a cydlinder went rebuilt it another 3 yrs great motor

I now have a 150 e-tec on a 20ft glass boat lots of power

44 is as fast as it goes but i can live with it plans that boat out in secounds

I troll with forward on flat water at about 2.5 great for crank baits not much of a chop i can back troll with it if i want

being a tiller guy for 20 yrs and that precise control its a little different with a wheel but rigging it for tiller precision

i also just like the sound of the motor when i start it it just purrrrrrs not as quite as the honda and yamies but fairly quite

i also have a ski-doo 600 the purrs so i'm kinda bombardier kinda guy

I don't have a lot of experience with the newer engines but my Suzuki 70 tiller is about as dependable as one can get. Simply amazing - it just goes and goes and goes...

It's great that we have so many good choices for engines. Long gone are the days where you would just cringe at some of the unreliable junk powering our boats. These are the good old days...

I'll answer both questions!

Favorite Outboard Manufacturer:.... is Mercury of course based on 50 years of great engines and customer service.

Now the poll question. Which Outboard motor would I buy?

I'd get a Yamaha 75 or 90hp tiller.

06tiller14b7053.jpg

I have this handle on my Yam 150 tiller with a Mertins hydraulic system and I couldn't be more happy. 150 ponies of 4 stroke smoothness that I can steer with one finger.

I am so surprised that Mercury is getting as many votes. Obviously these people are deaf, because if you own a Mercury long enough, you will go deaf. And I currently own a 115 Mercury 4 stroke that came with the boat that I bought. Yamaha 4 strokes purr so smooth and are so quiet that you seriously don't even know that they are running. Anyone want to trade there Yamaha 115 4 stroke for my 3 year old Mercury?

Please,

Nels