Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
muskielaw

LX5 Transducer Freezing in Case

Anyone have any ideas as to how to stop the transducer from freezing into the LX5 case when you put it back in the transducer holder? I noticed the vexlar pro packs have a hole on the bottom of the transducer holder which would prevent this. Before I drill a hole in my case thought I would find out if someone has a better idea? Have also tried drying it off real well but it still seems to have enough condensation to freeze in.

I have a vexilar fl8 and it has a foam area to slide the ducer into.....after using it a time or 2 I figured out that in the winter I can not put the ducer into that spot cause it freezes in and when it is pulled out it would have foam on it...so I just put it on the battery or loose in the ducer area......

Here is a post I did in another thread about this issue!

Good Luck smile

You know, I had this happen to me the other day for the first time ever grin

I always dry mine off before leaving and bring it in to charge and never had a problem. Well, the other day I put my LX-5 in my trailer outside after charging. I think when I was moving last weekend, I must have put the ducer in the holder wet during a move. It did not freeze that day, but froze the night it sat in the trailer. Got out to a local lake and could not get that ducer out grin. I just brought it in the shack and let it sit for a couple minutes in the warmth and it came right out.

I have an extremely simple solution for this issue. When you put the ducer in its holder pocket with possible moisture in the pocket, put the ducer/puck in side ways (on its side) wink. It fits great this way, packs up nice and the face of the ducer is not up against the foam pad it freezes to.

Problem solved smile

Nothing beets an LX-5 and I am very pleased with how mine has performed and the features it has.

I do that as well. I even keep a little rag in the side pocket, when hole-hopping all it takes it putting the ducer in the pocket wet and have freezing temps out side one.

I just put the ducer in side in the pocket and I have not had an issue since.

There should be a hole there already. But they put the little pad in there and the holes don't line up very well so I had the same problem. Even after opening the hole up so that it could seep out, it still froze so as previously stated, I just put the transducer in on its side. No problem after that.

I put it sideways like shackbash if I'm not taking it inside for the night. I haven't had it freeze up on me that way.

Mine rides in the truck with me.. I guess if it was froze down, its not by the time I get to the lake...

But I too store it on its side, but more because I am constantly moving, and its easier than because I am worried about it freezing up.

I do like the idea of the 3 drops of silicone. Thanks for that tip.