Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TNFL

Worst 500 ever?

19 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong here I don't have a problem with 17 winning, even though I don't really care for him.

But that race was lame. Have you ever looked at the bottom of a ticket stub its usuallys reads: date and time subject to change...... so if you know its going to rain start the dang race a 1/2 hour or an hour earlier. I'm sure they could have got the word out saturday. Besides most people don't know when its starting anyways and tune in early because its what thier TV guide says.

And I just can't not rip The MPD Jr. what a loser, learn how to pit, learn how to drive. All you Jr. fans that rip on the shrub should be ashamed, Jr is by far a bigger hack!

I'm not a race fan but I always seem to find time for the Daytona 500 and that was lame. I watched from about Lap #50 'til the "end" and not much got my attention other than the same ol' whining and complaining by a bunch of guys who are old enough to know better. However, starting the race earlier, etc. is no small undertaking. I'm sure prime-time TV contracts and other monetary reasons held the start time to where it was set.

Well maybe they need to be more flexible, in a sport where rain ruins everything. I personally would rather miss the first hour of racing than the last hour of racing to an "actual" finish.

But seriously, its not that big of a deal to me. But if I had paid a bunch of cash and flown down to see that race, I would be fumming mad.

They've started races earlier in the past when they knew rain was coming. At any rate, it would have saved us at home from some of that wonderful pre-race show.

"Rubbin's Racin' Harry"! I am not defending Jr. He screwed up! But if that hadn't happened, what else would there be to talk about?

If it had not been for the forecast of rain...it would have been the same old restrictor plate race where they all ride around until the last 40-50 laps then start racing (am not sure it can be called racing) for the win.

It was nice to see some emotion from Kenseth! Even though he was at the right place at the right time to get the win. If the race goes the full 500 miles, I'm not convinced that he would come out the winner.

All-in-all...after all the anticipation, build-up, etc. I wish I would have gone fishin' and listen to it on the radio. I am glad I didn't spend the money to go & burn up a couple of days vacation time from work, etc., etc.

Next up....California. Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn!

Plate tracks stink whether it be rain or the big pile up that will always happen at the end or last 5 laps. The plate tracks are the last tracks I would ever go to.

I do not like plate racing, not very often at all the best or even the really good win. Just happens to be the one that gets pushed to the front or just the right place at the right time.

I do like Matt and congrats to him.

I also don't really care much for the cookie cutter tracks either, Chicago, Texas, California all the same and normally after about 20-25 laps its up to about 5 drivers that nailed the set-up and they are already lapping the field.

Like said earlier YAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNN.

Bring on Bristol and Martinsville.

There's something about plate tracks that I really like. I think they're my favorite and even a rain shortened one is better than a mile and a half flat track.

The finish has best been described as anti-climactic by just about everyone I know.

But I still had fun while it lasted.

Bring on Bristol and Martinsville.

That is by far the best line in this entire thread. gringringrin

I think the best part of Daytona is the drama. A whole bunch of 18-50 year old men crying about what the other guy did or they did not do. I get into the sub stories, like how many cars did Ryan Newman wreck (5 including his boss'es shootout car, and shootout back up car)? Or how badly did Joey Lagano want to get out of that car on sunday. (Bad, no control all week, including having Shrub test it durring the last two practices). I am sick and tired ot the "1979 Daytona 500" referances over and over and over. Let it go it was 30 years ago for peats sakes!!!!

As far as Jr. goes, it was a "racing incodent" it happens, lets move on.

Ok, I'm done, I said my peace.

Bring on the short tracks.

I agree that the pre-race [PoorWordUsage] needs to be shortened. I mean who needs a half hour dedicated to that gopher Digger.

Congrats to the 17 though...

Biggest race of the finisher up on Monday moring!!!

Yea...The race simply was garbage. NASCAR calls it their Superbowl event?!?!? If that's the case then hold out longer and see what the rain is going to do....Then finish the dang thing on Monday. Udderly rediculous to call it 3/4 of the way through in my opinion.

NASCAR ought to be ashamed. Great way to start the 2009 saeson. Heck, the pre-race [PoorWordUsage] lasted longer than the race.

Tell you the truth if they hold out til monday Im not going to watch it... if they thought that the rain would quit and they could resume the race in 1-2 hours tops than thats fine, but who wants to wait til midnight or moday to see 4 laps. I dont just say that because I am a Kenseth fan wink

Worst 500 ever? I'd say the 2001 Daytona 500 was the worst ever.

That is one of the most memorable races in NASCAR history?

I dont watch much but I saw about the last 50 laps and when jr wrecked that guy, I couldnt believe it, I thought he was better then that. I also dont know why that guy went to block jr if he knew he was a lap down, why didnt he let him go by then draft behind him? The ending sucked too, park the cars and then walk to the guy to tell him he won, yippie, it didnt seem like the superbowl of racing.